(My Brothers Bestfriend) Looks Can Be Deceiving 27

"Ah!" I squeal and jump onto Jason. He's unprepared and quickly wraps his arms around me as we stumble.

"What?" He asks, a small frown on his face. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong!" I hug him tightly, careful not to destroy the stack of papers in my hand. "Look! Universal has finally sent out our paperwork and everything's settled!"

"Really?" He grins.

Dad enters the lounge room and eyes our position before narrowing his eyes slightly and crossing his arms. "What's going on?"

I slide down Jason and feel every part of his body brushing against mine. I hear him gasp quietly and I unsuccessfully try to fight a rising blush. "Um, well our Universal contracts are all sorted out,"

Dad's demeanor changes and he loosens up, a grin settling on his face. "Woo! So what next?"

"It says somewhere," I start while flipping through the papers to find the information packet. I quickly pull it out. "Here it is. It says that we'll be performing as an opening act on the eighteenth for Karmin, on the twentieth we have a booking to perform at Disney Land and on the twenty first we have an interview with Ellen!"

"No!" Jason says loudly, an excited grin on his face. "No way! I love Ellen!"

"I know you do!" I laugh loudly, butterflies in my stomach.

"Ellen?" Dad says, his voice shocked. "Wow. They must realize how much potential you guys have, only the best of the best go on Ellen!"

"I know, dad!" I squeal again, jumping up and down. "And Karmin! Oh my God, Nick is so hot!"

"He's old," Jason says in disgust.

"And I'm pretty sure they're dating," Dad points out.

"It doesn't mean he isn't hot!"

"What time is your mom coming back?" Dad says as he falls onto the couch.

"In about an hour," I head to the front door and grab my keys off the hook. I look at Jason. "I'm gonna tell the girls. You coming?"

"Yeah, might as well tell the guys too," I wait for him to run upstairs and get his phone and wallet.

"Drive carefully," Dad mutters, now engrossed in a television show.

~

I pull over to the side of the road to check my phone. Adison has rang me three times, and I've four texts from her.

"What's wrong?" Jason asks.

"Adison," I mutter as I wait for her to pick up.

"Finally!" She breathes into the phone, her voice shaky. "I've been trying to get a hold of you for ages,"

"I know," I cringe. "I'm sorry, I was driving,"

"Oh that's alright then," She sighs into the phone. "Can you meet us all at Savannah's? I need to tell you girls something,"

"Sure, I was actually just on my way there,"

"Good. And is Jason with you by any chance?"

"Uh, yeah he's actually right beside me," I look sideways at Jason, who's concentrating hard to try and hear Adison's side of the story.

"Can you please drop him at Liam's?" Adie asks quickly. "I owe you big time, I know,"

"Nah that's fine, no worries," I assure her. "I'll see you soon, babe,"

"Bye, Licia,"

I hang up my phone and throw it in the console, glancing at Jason. "Apparently I'm supposed to drop you off at Liam's,"