(My Brothers Bestfriend) Looks Can Be Deceiving 39

Alicia's POV

When we enter the house again the atmosphere is chaotic. I pause in the doorway to the kitchen and take in the scene before me.

Breanna is glaring at Addison whose mouth is full of bacon, and Liam is throwing cooked eggs at the latter. Kyle is droning on about his girlfriend and how selfish she is, and Ella is holding a helping of bacon and eggs above her head as Andrew and Savannah fight over who she should pass the plate to. Ryan is screaming for everyone to calm down, and I have no clue what the hell is happening.

"Guys!" Jase shouts in a tone that demands attention. He's directly behind me, and his warm breath hits the back of my neck. Silence falls immediately as all of our friends turn their heads to look our way. "What the hell is going on?"

Savannah glares at me. "It's your fault!" She accuses. "We had to save bacon for you but I want to eat it!"

"And we wouldn't have to eat yours if my selfish girlfriend didn't shove the rest of it into her selfish mouth!" Kyle whines.

I glance at Addison who only just finishes swallowing the food in her mouth. She grins sheepishly. "I'm hungover! I need greasy food to help me feel better!"

"Oh boo hoo," Breanna snaps and I blink in shock at her. She narrows her eyes at Addison. "We're all hungover!"

"There wasn't enough to go around anyway!" Addison insists. "Some of you still would have missed out!"

"Maybe if only you missed out, then the rest of us could have shared that bacon equally," Ella suggests before turning back to Jason and I. "Here, Alicia. I protected your plate like it was my baby,"

I snort in laughter and shake my head. "You're actually all fucking crazy," I decide as I move to take the plate from Ella. "You do know there's a whole bag of bacon in the fridge?" I raise my eyebrows at them all. "Already defrosted and ready to cook,"

"No there isn't," Jason laughs as he takes a seat at the table. "I cooked both bags of bacon,"

"Oh my God!" I exclaim as I stare at the nine people around the room. "You're all fat shits!"

"Alicia!" Somebody calls from the front porch. It takes me only a split second to realise that it's Savannah's mom. I grin and rush out of the kitchen.

"Hey!" I exclaim as I see her at the front door, her hands full of KFC and very obviously unable to open the security door. I move quickly to open it for her. "What are you doing here?"

"I know what you girls are like with alcohol," She laughs light heartedly as she struggles through the door. "I thought I'd bring some food,"

"You're the best, Holly," I sigh with happiness. "The boys are here too and the food that Jason cooked went too quickly. World war three was about to start because everybody wanted the last of the bacon,"

"A mother's instinct, honey," She says as she leads the way to the kitchen.

When everyone sees Holly enter carrying more fatty, greasy food they all break out in cheers.

"Oh my Gosh!" Breanna squeals and she's the first to rush over to the food that Holly places on the table. "You're a life saver!"

"Mom!" Savannah cheers as she stands to greet her. I push in front of my best friend and hug her mom before she can. Savannah rolls her eyes and crosses her arms over her chest. "She's my mom,"

"She's our mom," I clarify as Holly squeezes me in a tight hug and kisses my forehead gently. When I know Savannah's mom can't see me, I stick my tongue out at her daughter cheekily. Sav's eyes narrow.