(My Brothers Bestfriend) Looks Can Be Deceiving 23

I wake up absolutely drenched and to the sound of mom yelling at dad.

"Now our bed is saturated, Caleb!" She screams and I watch as she launches a pillow at him. "You can wash and dry them, and make the bed afterwards! Understand?"

"Yes, sorry," He looks down like a small child and I know he's forcing his eyes to water.

"It's okay," Mom sighs and wraps her arms around his waist, snuggling into him. "It's just my pregnancy hormones, I just feel snappy this morning,"

Dad peppers mom's whole face in kisses. "It's okay, baby, I'll make you feel good later."

"Ew," Savannah pretends to vomit from beside me and I look at her with a disgusted face.

"Girls go and shower," Mom tells us in her rare motherly tone. "The others are already eating but if you don't get warm you'll catch a cold,"

Savannah and I take turns showering in my bedroom. Once we're both done Savannah rushes downstairs to salvage some breakfast while I call out to dad.

"What's up?" Dad falls onto my bed and relaxes as he rests his arms behind his head.

"I just can't do it anymore!" I cry in frustration and he jumps up, alarmed. "I mean I tried so hard, but it's so difficult to resist, and now more than ever I really need it!"

"Whoa, whoa!" His eyes go wide, his eyebrows pulling together. "You're only seventeen, you can resist having sex until you're at least eighteen!"

"What?" I ask, completely thrown off. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Oh my God," His face pinches in disgust. "Are you already having sex? With who? I swear I'll kill him! Are you being safe? Scratch that, you're too young and you're not going to continue to be sexually active! Who with?"

"Dad!" I splutter in embarrassment. "Oh my God that is so not what I'm talking about! I'm talking about bacon! Meat! I miss my meat..."

He looks at me, completely dumbfounded.

"I can't keep being a vegetarian..." I continue awkwardly. "I just love meat too much..."

"Oh," He mutters, scratching his nose and looking away from me. "Yeah, I knew that's what you were talking about..." He forces an awkward laugh.

"Right..."

"Well uh, let's go get you that meat?"

~

Breakfast was utter chaos. Adison and Breanna were fighting over the last egg, and Dad was kicking Ella under the table to try and find out what's going on between her and Ryan. Although now thinking about it, it was probably a good thing since nobody seemed to care about my coward act of withdrawing from my attempted vegetarian lifestyle.

"Thanks for the ride," Bre grins. "We're all getting individual rides to your place tonight so I'll see you about an hour before your party starts."

"An hour? I thought you guys were coming half an hour ahead,"

"What, and let my mum see my costume?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Mmm," I agree. "Either that's a good point, or an excuse because you just love me that much."

"Shut up and drive,"

She walks up to her front door as I laugh at her Rihanna reference.

~

"Are you still up to being my doorman?" I ask Jason after exiting my bathroom. I tighten the towel that's around my body before heading to my closet.