(My Brothers Bestfriend) Looks Can Be Deceiving 30

The girls had taken my news exactly the opposite to how I'd assumed. Instead of being weirded out, they were all excited and happy, creating different scenarios aloud that all ended in Jason and I living a happily ever after.

"Maybe you guys will go on to be like Bonnie and Clyde," Savannah grins excitedly, flipping her fringe out of her eyes. She purses her lips and concentrates on Adison directing her towards Kyle's new place. "I mean, you both have the chemistry and the looks and-"

"And they're not criminals," Breanna cuts in. "I say they'll end up married in a white picket-fence house, with three children and a happy dog,"

"Girls," I try to interject but I'm ignored.

"No way!" Ella scoffs. "They'll become famous singers together before pronouncing their love, and then the world will go crazy for them both,"

"Nah," Adison laughs. "I think they'll date in secret, no paparazzi,"

"Not everybody dates in secret, Adison," Sav smirks, finally pulling up in front of the apartment complex where Kyle now lives.

"Shut up," Adie blushes and she's the first one to quickly exit the car and slam the door shut behind she. She avoids our eyes when we get out, her cheeks still a bright red.

"You girls know you can't mention anything," I say quietly as we enter the building and near Kyle's floor. "Jason doesn't-"

"Know he's adopted," Ella rolls her eyes. "Yeah, we know,"

"But that boy is still into you," Sav sings innocently. "Even if he does think you're cousins,"

"Yeah," Breanna scrunches her little nose up, her eyes widening slightly. "That's definitely an issue you're going to have to solve, Alicia,"

The girls remain silent and as Adison knocks on Kyle's front door, I find myself grumbling. Of course I have to figure something out, otherwise mine and Jason's apparently mended friendship will go crashing. I can't bare to think that we could ever be so distant from each other again. But then the memory of the incident in the restaurant rushes to the front of my brain and my heart aches a little. It already feels like things are changing, with the way he shut me out in front of Paris, and left with Paris, and basically chose Paris over me. And then of course, I'd gone ahead and slept with Tommy. I shake my head, sighing to myself. This time around, being friends with Jason is a lot more complicated.

"Are you okay?" Savannah squeezes my upper arm gently. "I know all the boys are here, so if seeing Jason is too much, then you and I can bunk,"

"Nah," I try to smile but it feels more like a grimace. I struggle to stop myself from slipping back into my complicated thoughts, instead shrugging my shoulders at Sav. "It's okay. We don't have to leave,"

Kyle finally opens the door and huffs. He's wrapped only in a towl, his hair wet and messy from the shower. "Sorry, the boys decided they wanted to start a fight over who had to answer the door," He rolls his eyes. "I heard them from the shower,"

Adison giggles and reaches on her tiptoes to plant a small kiss on the corner of Kyle's lips. "Boys will be boys,"

"Yeah, right, well come in," Kyle steps aside and all five of us girls push through. "It's not much, but it's home now,"

I feel my smile widen. "It's adorable,"

"Unlike you," Liam responds to my compliment from the couch, however when I look at him to retaliate his eyes are on Savannah. I shrug, my comeback falling from my tongue.

We enter the decent sized lounge room where Andrew, Liam, Ryan and Jason are all spread out on couches.

"Get comfy while I go change and grab some movies," Kyle says before rushing out of the room. Adison follows him.