19. "I Want You. Happy?"

(For all of you Drew + Dylan shippers...wait sh*t spoiler God damn)

Not Edited

(Do I wanna know?)

If this feeling flows both ways.

(Sad to see you go)

Was sorta hoping that you'd stay

(Baby we both know)

That nights were mainly made for saying

And things that you can't say tomorrow day.

Crawlin' back to you.

(Do I Wanna Know? - Arctic Monkeys)

A week passes. It's nearing the date of my banquet. My mom, she's called, once or twice. It's always the same.

"Sorry, I can't come home now, sweetie. I'm meeting with grandma and grandpa. I love you. Are you eating right? Your voice sounds different."

Yeah, it sounds different because everyday I'm losing my mind worrying about you.

I settle back into my bed, finally having time to relax in days. As I relax, closing my eyes and thinking about nothing, my phone rings.

I groan. Keeping my eyes shut, I slip my phone from the pocket of my skinny jeans and hit answer - kinda shows how addicted I am to my phone.

"Hm?" I hum incoherently. 

"Dylan," a hoarse, husky voice shocks me so deeply I am on my feet in seconds. "I ... I need you."

"Drew," I whisper, "what's wrong?"

He coughs, and gags. I cover my mouth as he talks again. "I ... I'm in the alley by 34th street on Harbor Boulevard. I need-" he coughs again. "Please."

Harbor Boulevard. Next to our school.

I'm already running out of my room, worry filling me. I suddenly stop in my tracks; how the hell am I supposed to get there?

I suddenly remember - my mom. She'd left her car back a few days ago, while I was sleeping.

For once, mom, I respect your decisions of leaving.

Drew coughs again, making me sprint to the chest of drawers and pull each one, searching frantically for the key.

"Hold on for me," I plead, spotting the silver key. It almost slips through my fingers as my hands are clammy. "I'll be there soon."

"Don't hang up," he whispers. "Please don't le-"

He coughs again, making my body shake as I run to the car in the garage. I unlock the door, sliding in and turning the key into the ignition.

"Sh," I murmur, holding the phone to my ear as I put the car into reverse, backing out of the driveway and speeding. "I'm ... I'm coming, Drew."

"That's what she said," he adds in a jarring voice. I roll my eyes. Even though he sounds like he ran to hell and back, he still manages to be a pervert.

"Hush." I say, holding back my laughter. The pedal is literally on the floor. 

I finally make it to Harbor Boulevard, my heart pounding in my chest. Am I ready to see the boy I've been discreetly avoiding for the past week? Am I truly ready?

I kick the car door open, listening to him retch. Screw the car. I need to help him. 

I sprint to the alley, my legs taking me there fast. My blood is like adrenaline pumping through my veins. The chill of the autumn night is barely a bite as I finally round the corner.