Epilogue

Unedited

Easy now, with my heart.

Easy now, oh, with my heart.

Walk a tightrope, walk a little tightrope,

You walk a tightrope, walk a little tightrope,

Oh, this heart is burning up.

I said, oh, this heart is burning up.

(Tightrope - Walk The Moon)

June 19, 2014

I clutch the fabric of my blue robe to my chest as I smile into the reflection. My light green dress is perfect. 

Graduating. Wow.

"Hurry up, Dylan!" Rex glances at me, drilling my cap at me. I catch it with one hand. "They're gonna start calling the names if you don't hurry that pretty little ass of yours."

I roll my eyes and kick into my black ballet flats, simultaneously wrapping the robe around me and clapping on my cap. I lick my suddenly dry lips and hurry after Rex, tripping over my robe slightly as I continue to skip my way through the halls, trying to keep up with the taller boy.

"Rex!" I wheeze as we push through the doors into the main hall. It's filling with people as we slip behind the blue satin curtains, and lined up with the other students.

Long arms draped in blue polyester suddenly wrap around my waist. "Boo," a husky, soft voice whispers.

Grinning, I crane my neck to the side and give him a quick kiss. He responds immediately, kissing be back.

"Hey, now," someone says, making us pull apart. "I've got a lifetime subscription to a Korean drama site, you don't need to be all lovey dovey with me." Finn arches a brow, the tassel on his cap swinging in his brown eyes.

Drew scoffs. "You would have a subscription to that."

"Hey, it's not mine, it's Clarissa's." As if hearing her name, a short Japanese girl with a pageboy haircut bounces up, her black locks of hair swinging in her face.

"Hm? What'd I miss?" Clarissa asks, nudging her boyfriend with her pointer finger. Ever since she'd transferred to our school in February, she'd caught the eye of a renowned player, and he was after her, looking for a quick shag. It bloomed into something more, and they were now probably the second cutest couple ever, second to Oliver and Noel of course.

"Nothing, babe," Finn inconspicuously drapes an arm around her waist, and she just shrugs.

"Meh. Hey, Dylan, hi Drew," she waves to us enthusiastically and I grin back, wiggling out of Drew's arms.

"Sh! They're calling names!" Someone from the swim team snaps and we all immediately give eachother sarcastic, 'whoa look a bad ass' looks.

All of us wait eagerly for our names to be called, and my palms begin to get clammy with each name closer to an 's'. I'm going in before Drew and the rest and it's scary as hell. I'm having to pull off some awesome speech and it's probably going to end up me giving the middle finger for three minutes straight.

"Dylan Scott," the applause starts and a slight pressure is on the small of my back, urging me forward.

"You can do this, CG," Drew assures me and Clarissa gives me a bright smile. Finn winks at me, earning a glare from Drew and a punch in the stomach from Clarissa.

Rolling my eyes, I pull a bright smile and march up to the stage. Principal Brown shakes my right hand firmly, and presses the rolled diploma into my other hand. I glance down and see the blue material, the same as the one I'm wearing, tied in a bow, keeping the paper rolled.