23. "Why So Unsocial?"

The cuss words are censored because this was almost made rated R. Sorry, I never do that, but yeah ...

UNEDITED

Dancin' around the lies we tell,

Dancin' around big eyes as well,

Even the comatose.

They don't dance and tell.

(Team - Lorde)

That late morning, my phone rings.

"It's Noel, b*tch!" 

I still for a moment, glancing at my phone that is across the room. Sh*t. My best friend.

I'd be lying if I say I'm not scared of the girl.

For one thing, I didn't tell her I wouldn't be at school. Another, I didn't talk to her at all and she made me promise, even all the way in August, to call her after the banquet.

Yeah, she really believed I'd be the person to represent Harbor High.

With shaky hands, I pick up the phone, hitting answer and holding the phone to my ear. Drew left not too long ago, leaving with a kiss and a 'peace out' sign, screaming the lyrics of Bohemian Rhapsody whilst driving away shirtless with the top of the car down.

I may have dared him to ride away with his shirt off while singing a Queen song. Hey, it was pretty entertaining, until my mother hollered after him to 'put his damn shirt on!'.

I'd be lying if I say I didn't enjoy the shirtless view.

"Hello?" I ask, testing the waters.

"You b*tch!" Noel cries. "Why didn't you call? What is wrong with you? Skipping the day with Drew? Really?"

"S - What?" She knows. "With Drew? Wh-where did you get that preposterous idea?" I let out a shaking laugh, clutching my phone a bit tighter.

"Dylan," it sounds like she really wants to say something on the lines of dumb bitch, but she's holding it back. "I'm not stupid. You're not here, Drew's not? Two and two, darling."

I groan, falling back onto my mattress. "Yeah, okay. He took me home from the banquet and we fell asleep. Enough?"

She gasps. "Dylan!"

I roll my eyes. "What, Noel?"

"What the fuck made you tired enough to fall asleep?" She asks in a hushed tone.

"What do you - oh my God, Noel!" Heat rushes to my cheeks at the thought of sex with ... him. I mean, sure, it'd be completely mind-blowing and I'd probably never be able to sleep again-

Whoa wait, what the hell am I thinking? Sex? Really?

"It's a valid question!" She objects. I groan again.

"No, it is not!" I throw my arm up, though she can't see me. "I mean, why would I have sex with him?"

"Well, he's drop dead gorgeous and from what I've heard he's pretty good in the bed," she explains in a 'duh' tone. "Plus you're totally smitten with him. If he asked for you to flash him some skin I'm sure you would be much more than happy to-"

"Noel!" I whine, stomping my sock-clad foot on the bed. "I would not flash him my t*ts!"

"I didn't say it was your chest-"