6. "Shut Up And Pose."

NOT EDITED

'Cause you make me feel like

I've been locked out of heaven

For so long,

Yeah, too long.

(Locked Out of Heaven - Bruno Mars)

Thursdays. I don't like Thursdays. I mean, it's so close to Friday, but so far. If you catch my drift.

"Ms. Scott? Miss Scott? Miss Scott! Are you even listening?" I blink as my English teacher snaps her fingers - which have claw - like talons - in front of my eyes. 

"Y - yes, Miss," I gulp. Those claws are too close to my eyes for my liking.

"Dana," she sighs. "You haven't-"

"It's Dylan," I correct.

"I know," she dismisses it. "You haven't been paying attention this entire week. Is something wrong?"

"No," I say quickly. The room's eyes are on me. And that's, like, thirty pairs of eyeballs!

"Okay, then," she sighs. "Pay attention. I may just give you detention next time."

I nod quickly.

I sink into my chair once she walks up to the front again. Today is not my day.

***

"What's wrong, girl?" Noel asks as she sits down across from me. "You seem deflated."

I eye my tuna sandwich. "Today is not my day."

"I can see that," Noel comments. "You need to have a photo shoot, huh?"

I nod. "Yeah."

"Want me to go with you to the forest or to the lake?" She asks.

"That would be nice. Can you bring Oliver, I mean, I'll get a shutter shot him. You know, the kind with the 'fallen angel' or whatever."

She nods. "Sounds good. But, you do know, wherever Oliver goes, Drew goes. And vise - versa." 

I sigh. "I know, but he won't be much help. Since he won't give me my camera, I'll have to dig out my old one."

"Oh ... the Nikon?"

"Yeah."

"Ugh, that one sucks. But it's better than the Canon that your photography teacher lent you, yeah?" She says.

"Yeah, it's worth a try," I say, shaking my head. "Pick me up? After I get my makeup kit."

"Yeah."

I'm already excited. I haven't done a shoot since July. And, with the added rain, it'll be perfect. I'm already thinking of a thousand different things - feathers, kissing in the rain, black dresses - perfect. 

***

"Yeah, okay, just run your hands through your hair," I say to Oliver over my camera lens. The lights are on, and he's looking at Noel from across the lake, who's faking laughter with Drew. "Perfect. No, wait, less lust, more love. Yeah, that's it."

The camera makes a 'click' noise and the light goes off. I grin, preparing for another shot.

"Okay, Noel, c'mere," I say. She skips over.

"Mm, yeah?" She says.

"Here," I say. I pass her a big jacket. She takes it, before turning to me.

"What do I need this for?" She asks. The weather's gotten considerably warmer over the next few hours, and the clouds went away. Bipolar, right?

And perfect timing.