24. "Well ... This Isn't The Restroom..."

So I hope you guys liked the last chapter, because I honest-to-God let out my little author.

Don't think that way... But the song for this fits well, and I think it sounds like a theme for some vampire show. Really cool. (Five days later: I now realise that is in True Blood)

So sh*t goes down in this one ... a lot. I, once again, must censor some words. Bah humbug.

On to this one, I guess.

UNEDITED

When you came in 

The air went out.

And every shadow

Filled up with doubt.

I don't know who you think you are, but 

Before the light is through...

I wanna do bad things with you.

(Bad Things - Jace Everett)

Darkness.

I blink repeatedly, but it doesn't go away. My tongue swipes across the inner part on my lower lip, making me wince. It stings.

Moving my hands, I feel the zip tie loosened some, but not much. I tug with my left hand, needing to untie my feet before someone finds me trying to escape.

I swallow harshly, my movements slow and sluggish. My head and side hurt. It's difficult to breathe. 

Finally pulling one hand out of the plastic, I reach up and pull the black fabric covering my eyes. I wrinkle my nose when the dim light hits my face. It smells musty and reeks of death.

Oh God.

I hurriedly yank at the plastic on my ankles, wincing when I bend too much and hurt my side. Kicking away the zip-tie, I try to stand. My face even hurts. My God, what did they do to me?

Bile rises in my throat as I take in my surroundings. It looks like a warehouse ... I hear muffled voices through the walls, though I'm only in a small room.

"Where is she?" A muted voice says. There's an answer, but I can't catch it. I take a deep breath, pulling off my tattered wings and tying up my hair. Time to do some ninja shit.

Softly tip-toeing to the door, I press my ear to the door, licking my dry lips. I wince again. Where else am I cut?

I don't hear anything. Slowly, I turn the knob and open the door. Freezing, I wait for someone to come up.

Nothing.

Sighing a breath in relief, I open the door all the way and step in. It's cold. What time is it?

More importantly ... where the hell am I?

"What are you doing up?" I freeze, my foot in mid-air. Glancing up, I see none other than Smith himself.

"Well ... this isn't the restroom..." I trail off, the warning bells dinging in my head. Run. Run. Run. Run. Dumb b*tch are you listening, f*cking run!

"I'm not gonna hurt you," he says, but it does little to put me at ease. I scowl.

"How long was I out?"

"Three hours. We shot you with enough tranquelizer to put a small horse down, but I guess you can fight that," he scans my body quickly. Not in a pervish way, more like how the hell did you fight that. "I'm sorry about earlier, by the way."