8. "Look, Nothing's Wrong, I Don't Want 'Help'."

Quick Note: Thanks to everyone (and I mean everyone) who has read, voted, commented, and looked forward to the next chapter. You guys give me so much inspiration to write. I love you all, even if you don't like TBBGG. But, yeah, see you at the bottom of the chapter!

NOT EDITED

Waking up

Just brings me down, down.

'Cause every morning, 

You are nowhere to be found, nowhere to be found.

And my bed, is half empty, not half full

I'd rather live with broken bones

Than lay here all on my own, like a lovesick fool.

(Lovesick Fool - The Cab)

"Drew?" I ask hesitantly to the dark haired boy in front of me. He looks broken, his trademark smirk gone.

"I can't do it, Dylan, I can't," he mutters, wrapping pale arms around his knees and rocking back and forth slightly. 

He said my name, my actual name. That's a first.

"What can't you do, Drew?" I ask desperately.

"Why do you want to know?" He lashes out suddenly. "Why are you always interfering on my life?"

I gawk at him. Never have I seen him this angry. "Because I-"

"Because you're a nosy little bitch who likes worming her way into people's business, and you have no right to ask me about shit like this!" He shoots up from his small position on the floor.

"Calm down-"

"Shut the fuck up!" His hands find themselves to his tousled hair. "Why are you even talking to me? I'm a fuck up, I know that, you just rub it in! You make me - make me - never mind! Why are you still around?"

"Because I care," I say seriously. "I care about you, I can't stand you like this," I say, moving closer to him slowly. "You care too, don't you?"

I take his face in between my hands, pressing my palms to the warm skin.

"I do, and I hate it," he admits, looking away. When his blue eyes meet mine again, they're sad. "I can't ... I can't..."

"Just do," I say seriously. His fingers clasp around my wrists, pulling my hands down to his chest.

While one of his hands keeps my wrists in place, his other hand goes into my hair, cradling my head. I sigh in content, closing my eyes. This is enough. Physical touch is what I need from him, I need to know he cares.

"You know," his voice is quiet. "I want you to do something for me."

"Anything."

"Anything? You care that much?" His voice is surprised.

"Yes, I do," I say honestly. 

"I'll only ask for one thing," he says.

"Go ahead; I'll do it." I know, I'm being stupid, but he wouldn't hurt me ... right?

"I want you," he trails a finger down my cheek. "To wake up."

My eyes snap open as cold rushes through my body. "I'm sorry, what?"

"You heard me," he smirks coldly. "Wake. Up."

"This - this-"

"Isn't real," he finishes, his eyes cold and the smirk fixed on his lips. Stepping away, he drops his hands off my body. "Sorry."