13. "We've Found You."

NOT EDITED

She's trouble in a tank top

Pretty little time-bomb

Blowing up, I'll take you down.

Living in the radio, lost in the stereo sound

(Lost In Stereo - All Time Low)

"Oh, God," I groan, smacking my forehead with my palm. "My mom's home."

We're currently outside my house, looking nervous. My mom may not notice much, but, skip school, she'll kill me.

The one day, I told her it was too much pressure. Something tells me that won't work this time.

"What time is it?" Drew asks.

"Three," I answer. "Thirty minutes before I'm supposed to be home."

"Let's just-" he doesn't have time to finish before my mom walks out, the door swinging in so fast I'm sure that the wall is cracked.

"Dylan Elizabeth Scott!" She stomps toward us. "What is this? The second time you've skipped school? What are you? A hoodlum?" She turns to Drew, who looks ... bored. "And you! You're the one, huh? The boy who's taking her places!"

"Mom-"

"Be quiet, Dylan. You - you - you-" She stutters, looking at Drew, her face red with anger. "You're ... not allowed to see my daughter, ever again!"

"What?" I shriek. "Mom, no, it's not his fault-"

"Dylan, if you don't be quiet, I will make you be quiet." She hisses. This is not even the worst. But, she's getting there.

"Mrs. Scott, Dylan and I-" Drew gestures to me. "We ... um ... needed some-"

"Did you have sexual intercourse with my daughter?" My mother gasps, sputtering. "Dylan! You should be ashamed of yourself - you were to save it until after marriage! You-"

"Mom!" I cut in quickly, before she can embarrass me any more. "I'm still a virgin, don't worry."

"Don't worry? Don't worry?" ....and, here it is.

In three, two, one.

"YOU ARE NOT THE PARENT IN THIS SITUATION! I AM! I RAISED YOU! YOU ARE BETTER THAN THIS, DYLAN!" She cries, shaking her head in despair. 

"Mrs. Scott-" I elbow Drew sharply.

"AND YOU!" she turns to him. "YOU ARE THE ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR MY DAUGHTER SKIPPING HER CLASSES! SHE DOESN'T NEED A DISTRACTION LIKE - LIKE - A BOY!" she spits out the word. "SHE MIGHT NOT GET INTO A UNIVERSITY, BECAUSE OF YOUR RECKLESSNESS! WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE-"

And the infamous 'when I was your age' lecture.

You see, my mom isn't big. Hell, I'm already four inches taller than her. But, when she's angry, she seems huge. 

"Mother!" I finally say. "I won't see him anymore, alright? Just stop!"

She looks at me, the lecture dying off. "You better not, Dylan Elizabeth. You're grounded. For the rest of this month."

"But -" I gasp at the sudden realization. "The banquet," I whisper. 

"Absolutely not. You cannot go."

"Mom, this - this - there'll be headmasters there!"

"I don't care," she shakes her head. I'm shaking - I can't miss this! Drew reaches up and squeezes my shoulder for support. "Get your hands off my daughter," my mom snarls. Drew sighs, releasing his grip on my arm.