18. "Shut Your Mouth, You Don't Want Flies."

Edited a Bit

Manage me, I'm a mess.

Turn a page, I'm a book, half unread.

I wanna be laughed at, laughed with, just because

I wanna feel weightless, and that should be enough

(Weightless -All Time Low)

"He did what?"  Noel gasps. I bite my lip; is it worth it telling her?

She's your best friend, of course it is, my subconscious snaps. 

I shrug, stirring my milkshake with my straw. "He made out with me twice. But he said that the first time was a total mistake, I heard him talking to Oliver about it."

She glares at her tote on the table. "Oh, that SOB," she rummages around for her phone in the tote bag. Once she finds it, she forcefully pushes some buttons before holding it to her ear. "Oliver," she mouths.

"What? No!" I nearly choke on my milkshake.

She holds my head away with her long arm, as she narrowed her eyes. 

"What the fuck," she states, rather than questions, to her boyfriend. "Why are you letting Drew hurt Dylan?"

I fight more frantically. She might mess up with Oliver because of me. I feel like a total b-word.

Yeah, I'm trying to clean up my language.

"Stop!" I whisper. Oliver's reply is low.

"No, that's not what I'm talking about," she hisses, swatting my hand away. "He's kissing her one time, and then he's saying it's a mistake. What's with that?'

Oliver's voice raises, and Noel's cheeks turn red from anger. 

"He's there, eh? Give him the fucking phone."

There's a pause. I think Oliver would jump off a cliff if Noel told him to.

"Yeah, you son of a - Dylan? What?"

She turns to me, holding out her phone. "For you," her voice is cold, but her eyes are soft.

I take the phone. "Yes," I say quietly.

"Dylan?" Drew's voice is clear. "Listen, whatever she told you-"

"Drew," I cut him off, closing my eyes. "I don't think that ..." I take a shaky breath. "I get that you enjoy flirting with me and making me laugh, but, please, don't lead me on like this. Don't give me false hope."

"I'm not ..." he trails off, clearly dumbstruck. "Dylan, I don't see how I'm leading you on-"

"You don't see?" I repeat quietly. "You don't see?" I stand from Noel's kitchen table. "We kissed at the party, am I correct?"

"Well, yeah, but-"

"No lies. I started it. But you continued, Drew." I whisper harshly. "You led me on, the next morning you left me feeling like shit. Oliver was right. I left the house thinking I was a cheap whore."

"D-"

"No, let me finish," I cut him off again. "You then showered me with compliments the following Monday, also giving me a detention because I 'stabbed you with a pencil'," I have to roll my eyes at this. "We kiss again, and now your sorry ass wants to say you're not leading me on?"

"I'm so sorry," he mumbles.

"You know what?" I say slowly.

"Hm?" He whispers.