World War III - Chapter 22

*NOT EDITED*

Chapter 22

*Ebony*

What was she doing here? Ashley bent down to help me up but I ignored her. I grabbed my glasses off the ground and put them back on. All this time I had forgotten about Ashley. I didn't get what was so stunning about her. She looked like she was in her thirties and her nose looked so fake. Come to think of it, she did look older than my mother. I didn't get what Ethan saw in her. Probably just a good time in bed.

"Are you all right?" she asked in a fake, innocent tone. She placed her hand on my shoulder. Great, I was contaminated now.

"Are you blind, woman? What is wrong with you? I could have hurt myself!" I shrieked in a high-pitched voice. Ashley was a fake female dog.

She looked surprised. I noticed she had a camera around her neck. "I'm sorry. I was just taking pictures for-"

"Yah, don't care," I said as I examined my nails. It felt good giving her a taste of her own disgusting medicine.

"Oh, um," she stuttered and looked down. She cleared her throat. "Have I seen you somewhere before?"

Not this again. I shook my head. "Doubt it." I turned and walked passed her when I felt a hard grasp.

"But you look really familiar. Help me out here. Have you ever been to Miami?" she asked me as she bit her lower lip.

I pulled my arm out of her hold and said in my fake British accent, "look, I really should be going. So if you don't mind, could you please let me go before I accuse you of raping me?"

She cleared her throat and let me go, her deep brown eyes boring into mine. I smiled and was thankful I was wearing sunnies that were big enough to pass as a plasma TV.

I continued walking down the narrow path when I heard a voice that belonged to the other person I didn't want to see. I turned around just slightly and caught a glimpse of Ethan walking to Ashley. I decided to sit at a bench that was located near them. I wasn't eavesdropping: I was listening in on their conversation without them knowing for educational purposes.

"Ashley?" Ethan asked.

"Ethan?"

"What are you doing here?" he asked her. My back was facing them however, I still grabbed a newspaper and pretended I was reading it.

"We came here for photography class. We have to take pictures of some interesting sites. What are you doing here? You just disappeared from school! I thought you eloped with that ugly hag of a bitch of witch of a wart of a loser." What the Fujitsu air conditioning? That didn't even make sense!

"Ashley, you and I are not dating so it's none of your business where I am and where I am not, and what do you mean I eloped with that umm...you know....what you said?"

"I'm talking about that girl who seems to be obsessed with the art of depression," Ashley said. Depression? I was surprised she even knew that word.

"I know who you're talking about, but why the heck would I run away with her? I like my girls human."

Ashley laughed and I think it was supposed to be 'shmexy'. "No, silly! When you left, so did she. Like no one has seen her around, and all these rumours started."

"What? You mean she's not in Miami?"

"No one has seen her. I hope she's left. She is such a waste of space. Anyways, baby, c'mon let's get together again!" I could have just imagined her dirty little hands all over Ethan. Puke.