World War III - Chapter 20

Chapter 20

*Ebony*

"The London Eye, please," I told the taxi driver as I hopped into the back seat. Today, I was going to have fun. I was going to put all my worries behind me and enjoy myself before returning back to Miami. I had to ditch Liam and Sam in order to accomplish that. Gratefully, there was no rain, but it still was a cold day. I wore grey skinnies with a white knee-length coat. I chucked on a pair of white sunglasses and went with a pair of white Christian Dior flats. My hair was tied high in a pony tail and my hands were kept warm in white gloves.

The London Eye was less than 3 miles away from the hotel, so it wasn't a very long drive. Each capsule could hold 25 people. As I walked into the capsule, I saw the same man I had seen twice earlier. I stared at him and he stared back with the same curiosity. He wasn't very old: probably in his early thirties. I cleared my throat and walked to the very edge of the capsule. The doors shut, and we moved up. Tourists took pictures and gasped in amazement. I just stood there and looked out at the beautiful city and the some what polluted river.

I took a calming breath and grabbed my phone from my handbag. I put it in camera mode and took a picture of the city. I turned my phone around and snapped a picture of myself. Then I poked my tongue out and snapped another shot. I giggled when I saw the picture. This time I did the peace sign and grinned like an idiot. For the next picture I just smiled then I scrunched up my nose and took another photo.

I heard a chuckle coming from my left. I turned around and saw the same man. He was smiling at me, so I smiled back. He had gorgeous blue eyes and black hair. He was definitely the same man I had seen at the hotel and near the cemetery. I averted my gaze and continued taking random pictures of myself.

"Would you like me to take a photo?" an unrecognizable voice asked. It was the same man with the blue eyes.

"That would be nice," I replied as I handed him my iPhone. He snapped two regular pictures of me then gave me back my phone.

"Thank you," I said.

"No problem," he replied. I turned around and looked out the glass at the river. He joined me.

"So, is this your first time here?" he asked me.

"I've been to London before, but it is my first time at the London Eye."

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it is. I didn't expect London to be this big."

"We learned about The London Eye at school," he mentioned.

"Did it even exist when you were at school?" I mumbled.

"You are very smart. No, it didn't exist when I was at school, but we did learn a lot about London's history at school."

"Did you go to school in London?" I asked him.

"For a little while I did. Well, when I turned 14 I moved countries."

"Really? Where to?" I had no idea why I was asking him all this but he just seemed like the kind of guy I could easily get along with.

"Australia."

"No way! I'm from there."

"Yeah, I can tell from your accent."

"Sometimes, I wish there was no glass in this capsule," I mumbled.

"Why?" he asked.

"So we can spit," we both said at the same time.

Both of us chuckled.