World War III - Chapter 11

I uploaded this faster for all of you, so please make sure you read the note at the end. I need your help.

Chapter 11

*Ebony*

My eyes went wide and my heart was pounding heavily against my chest. I found it difficult to breathe. I zipped up my dress and pressed my back against the wall. It was pitch black and I couldn't see anything. My eyes darted around my room with the hopes of capturing some sort of movement, but I got nothing. I heard someone's heavy breathing. I held my own breath and slowly, sidestepped to the left towards my dresser. Carefully, I let my hand travel the table until I found something I could use as a weapon. The only thing I discovered was my pink nail polish. Shrugging, I grabbed it, and twisted it open. I held out the brush and waved it on front of me, praying I would slash the intruder with pink nail polish.

Then I heard a large grunting noise and before I knew it, I was pushed onto the floor. I was lying on my stomach with someone heavy on my back. The person grabbed my wrists and brought them to my back. My loud, piercing scream was probably heard by the whole neighbourhood. The person used one of his hands to hold my hands back, and his other hand to cover my mouth. I felt the tears running down my cheeks, and that was when I remembered the nail polish. I still had the brush in my hand. I used the little movement I had left in my fingers to brush the stick along the trespasser's wrist. He laughed.

"Hey! Stop that! It tickles," the person said. The tears stopped trailing down my face, and my fright was replaced with my anger.

"You cow! Get off me!" I yelled as I wriggled my legs around. How could I have not seen it earlier?

"Relax. I just wanted to have some fun with ya," Ethan said as he got off me and turned the lights on. I quickly wiped my tears away and stood up. I took a look at Ethan's wrist. It was covered with red nail polish. I thought it was pink. Ethan looked at my face and smirked.

"Did I make the little goth baby cry?" he teased.

"No," I denied.

"Your eyeliner's smudged," he said, smugly.

"It's not my eyeliner. Your eye sight has just faltered," I said. He studied me hard then walked up to the mirror. He looked at himself and smiled in a satisfied way.

"Nope. I'm still as gorgeous as ever," he concluded.

"If by gorgeous, you mean hideously scary, then yes."

Ethan rolled his eyes and turned to look at me. "Let's have a party."

"What? Are you crazy?" I asked then as an after thought added, "wait, of course you are."

"I'm so bored. I wanna chuck a party," he whined.

"Well, then chuck a party at your own place."

"You suck," he said as he walked out of my room.

I sighed and rubbed a hand across my forehead. I changed into my usual silk, pink boxers and pink tank top. I washed my face then reapplied the eyeliner all around my eyes. I hopped down the stairs and joined Ethan in the living room. He was only wearing black boxers with a white singlet. He had his shoes off but his white socks were still on. I shrugged and took the seat farthest away from him. He looked at me and smirked. Did that boy ever stop smirking?

"The boys are coming in about 30 minutes," he said.

"Hmm? What boys? What did you do this time?" I asked frantically.

"I was just kidding."

"Why do you just kid around all the time?"

"I like seeing you have a panic attack. You go all crazy," he replied.