World War III - Chapter 19

Just a little surprise at the end to show my token of appreciation.

READ THE LITTLE NOTE AT THE END...AND PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ IT UP TO THE ABSOLUTE END!

Chapter 19

*Ebony*

"Where should I drop you?" Zaiden asked me.

"Back at the studio. I'm pretty sure my mum is waiting for me," I lied.

"I could just drop you off at where ever you're staying," he offered.

"Nah, I'm all right, thanks."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"All right, then," he said as he made an illegal u-turn.

"When did you get this car?" I asked him.

"Yesterday," he replied.

"Are you going to take it back to Miami?"

"I want to, but it might be difficult because the driver's side is on the right, not the left."

"Yeah, thought so. I prefer the driver's side being on the right."

"No way! Left is so much easier," he defended.

I couldn't believe we were actually talking about this.

"Right is so much better! Left is just confusing."

"More than half the world has the driver's seat on the left," Zaiden stated.

"England, Australia, India, New Zealand, Papa New Guinea all have their driver's side on the right," I told him.

"Well, the USA have it on the left."

"Okay, they're both good, deal?"

He looked at me then smiled. "Deal."

He parked outside the front door. The paparazzi were gone and the streets were quite. I got out of his hot car.

"Thanks for the ride," I thanked him.

"No problem, Adele, or Ebony, or is it Ebony Adele?" He seemed confused.

I chuckled. "Stick to Adele."

"See ya at school, then, Adele."

"Bye, Zaiden, and remember, don't tell anyone about my secret."

"I won't," he smirked cutely then drove away.

Zaiden was a pretty boy and Lizzie was a pretty girl. They would have been so perfect for each other. I had no intention on going back into the studio. I walked back to the cemetery in search of Ethan. I didn't want to talk to him, but I just wanted to see him. After a couple of minutes, I still couldn't find him. I walked to where he had dropped the rose. I looked down at the words.

In loving memory of

Mother, wife and dear friend,

Adele Rose Tizzard

10 July 1970 - 29 September 2003

What the fudge cake? I thought. His mother's name was Adele, too? I dropped on my knees and touched the rose. It was wet, whether from regular water or tears; I did not know. I sighed. He always teased my name even though it was his late mother's. He must really hate me, I thought. I knew that if Ethan was my father's name, I would have never made fun of it the way he did.

I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I was always sensitive. Maybe the death of his mother turned him into a butt hole. Maybe he uses the whole jerk attitude to cover up the feelings he still has for his mother, I told myself. I shook my head and stood up. Part of me actually felt sorry for Ethan. Next to the gravestone, was a black wallet. I picked it up and had a look inside. I saw a picture of Ethan, Casper and a beautiful woman who had black hair with blue eyes. She wasn't very young, but something about her face was elegant. Ethan was much younger in the picture. His hair was shorter and he was smiling.