I Will Never Forget

I wake up in Carl's arms which is my favorite place to be. I bury my face in his chest taking in his smell. When I first came to Chicago I never thought this is where I'd end up. My life is the best it has ever been. When movies or books talked about falling in love I could never really grasp the concept but now I could. Falling in love is not something everyone should be simply told about; falling in love is something everyone should experience. Because falling in love isn't all happiness and bliss. Falling in love fights and struggles just like ordinary life but the difference is that you get to do it with the most important person in your life. Falling in love is not letting go even when you so desperately want to, but I know that I will never let go of Carl. Carl is everything good in my life and some bad too. I know I'm only thirteen and maybe I shouldn't be falling in love like this but I know deep down that Carl's the only one that I'll ever want. Carl's everything that I want.

Carl's pov.
I wake up to Ember's face buried in my chest. My first thought is my first thought every day; she's absolutely gorgeous. I remember back to the first time I saw her. My first thought then was that she'd be girly and weak and that Holly would kick her ass. Boy was I wrong. I don't understand why she even likes me. I'm not good enough for her. She's awesome. I never thought I'd ever fall in love especially with her. I had never loved anyone like I loved Ember I would do absolutely anything and everything for her. If anyone ever hurts her they better fucking run.

Ember's pov.
*time jump*

"Guys I need a picture with you and Carl.", I say to Marcus and Sebastian.

"Why?", they both asks.

"She has this thing about pictures and she had them like all over her room.", Carl says answering for me.

"Fine but only if you show it to some hot girls in Ohio.", Marcus says smirking.

"I'll show it to to the hottest girls I know.", I say with a laugh.

Then they all stand together and I take the picture on my phone.

Some might say it's a bad picture but I think it's cute because they're all laughing

"Perfect."

"Remember hot girls.", Sebastian reminds me.

"Got it."

*time jump*
"Bye Love you guys.", I say with one arm around Ellie and the other around Paige.

"Love you too.", they say in unison.

"Take care of the guys for me."

"We will. Promise to take care of Carl for us don't let him get in any trouble.", Ellie says.

"I promise I won't.", I say pulling away.

We all have sad looks plastered on our faces. I feel arms wrap around me from behind and I know it's Sebastian. Then Marcus come and wraps his arms around the front of me.

"Bye Ember love ya.", they say in girly voices.

"Bye guys.", I say laughing. "I love ya too."

"We'll send you and Carl stuff for Christmas.", Sebastian says.

"Yay like condoms.", Marcus says.

"Fuck you.", I say annoyed.

"What we're just being prepared.", Marcus says laughing.

Then we all pull away.

Carl pov.
"Love you kiddo.", Fiona says as we hug.

"Love you too."

"Be good." she says pulling away.

"I will."

Then I wave to everyone who's standing on the porch. They all wave back and suddenly I'm sad I'm leaving. I quickly turn around and grab Ember's hand so they can't see my face and I can't see their's. We walk down to the blue mini van. She pulls the door open and we step inside crawling to the last row of seats past her siblings. We sit down on the grey leather seats and click the seatbelt.

"You ready?", Tara asks looking at us in the mirror.

We both nod our heads and she's starts the car. I look out the window at my family now waving again. Tara honks the horn in response and we start driving away. I watch them until their faces fade into nothing. This will be my first Christmas without them and my first Christmas with Ember. I think of all the Christmases Ember had to spend without her dad. That would've been terrible. I'd spent Christmases without Frank and Monica but I'd always had my real parent, Fiona. I wrap my arm around her and kiss her head. We both drift into sleep probably because we didn't get that good of sleep at the sleepover.

Ember's pov.
We all walk into the airport. One of my hands dragging my suitcase and the other in Carl's. We check our suitcases in and start walking on the light brown tile floor to security. I grab a black bin and place my purse in it along with my drawstring bag and black converse. I put in on the conveyer belt and walk through the medal detector. It starts flashing red and beeping.

"M'am please remove you're necklace.", the blonde haired lady says.

I step out of the metal detector and unclasp my necklace placing it in the bin. I walk through this time with no beeping or flashing. I grab my shit out of the bin and rush over to where everyone else is waiting for me. I sit down on a bench shoving my shoes on quickly and throwing my bags around me. Then we all start to walk away from the security area. Tara tells us to go get something to eat and passes out twenty dollar bills. I grab Carl's hand and we walk to a Starbucks.

Carl pov.
Em shoots her straw wrapper at me and shoves her straw into her drink. I return the gesture making her smile.

"You excited to go on a plane?", she asks raising her eyebrows at me.

"Yeah hope I don't die though."

"Ooohh is big tough Carl scared?", she asks mockingly.

"No I'm not a pus-", I try to say getting cut off.

"Ember Williams hands up.", a cop says.

"What the fuck's going on?!", she asks standing up with her hands in the air.

G-dog!!!! I think to myself.

"You are here by under arrest for drug possession.", the cop says cuffing her. "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in court."

I can't breathe. Everything around me is a big blur the only thing I can focus on is Ember's face. I know that I will never forget it.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Word count:1119

So that's the end of my book!!! I'm really proud of this chapter so I hope you guys enjoyed it! I can not thank you guys enough for the continued reads and votes on this book! We are currently at 703 reads which blows my mind!!!! This is my first book that I finished so it's a big accomplishment for me. I have also took down my Ethan Cutkosky book in case you were wondering and I may be rewriting it. If you guys would like a sequel all you have to do is vote on this chapter otherwise I will be starting a new book that I don't know what it's gonna be yet. For now I will probably be going back and editing previous chapters. Outfits will be above and I know I didn't really go into details about that so sorry. Love ya❤️❤️❤️