chapter 23

Guys!  I'm sad and happy to say that this is the last chapter to The Wrong Direction.  I have enjoyed writing it, and I have enjoyed hearing what you guys had to say back to me.  I love all of you who have stuck with me through this year (over a year) to write my first fan fiction ever.  Thank you all my little skittles :).

And now, with out further ad due , here is the last chapter of The Wrong Direction. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd person P.O.V.

6 months later:

Louis stepped out of his car.  He looked around at the grave yard in front of him.  He hadn't been here in six months.  He told himself after the funeral he would visit the grave every night; that he would stay by his friend's side til the end of time. Truth be told, he was scared that Harry might get lonely without his company. 

After the funeral though, Louis never went to see Harry.  He could never find the strength inside of him to go past the gates and to see what was left of the lad that he once called his best friend.  Something always stopped him. 

One thing that might have stopped him was that he never cried anymore, and somehow the fear showing his emotions was linked to his friend's grave.  After that first day of realizing that Harry was gone, he never shed a tear. Louis just kept his emotions inside. 

The other lads came to visit. They always came at the strangest times hoping to spread happiness and cheer.  Zayn, Liam, and Niall seemed to still be friends, even after the death of Harry. They clung to eachother because they were all that were of the band. Louis once was, but he found it strange to be with the others when Harry was not around.  One Direction had broken up; they no longer made music together.  Nothing was the same without Harry.  Louis avoided talking to the others as well.  He didn't feel the same when he was around them.  Once upon a time they were best friends, rich, and famous, but often Louis reminded himself that this story never would have a fairy tale ending.

Because Louis was closest to Harry, he found himself taking the longest to get over his friend's death.  The man who raped Harry was behind bars.  His court date was to take place in just a few weeks.  Louis was told that he would testify to what this man did; he would explain the pain, the scars, the shame- he was going to be the one to tell the world of Harry's shame.

Louis had been thinking for a long time about this testimony.  He wanted the world to know how horrible that man was, but he didn't want to objectify Harry more than he already had been. The media had portrayed his friend in so many different ways; none of the magizines or media knew the truth of what really happened.  Only a select few people knew what had happened- the boys, close family, Simon- they all knew what happend, but swore to secrecy until the time was right.  The secrecy  would soon be over.  All of the hiding and shame would soon be gone.  The hidden truths that Harry had taken to the grave would soon be uncovered.  They wouldn't have to hide anymore; Harry wouldn't have to be ashamed.

That is how Louis liked to see it anyways.  He decided that testifying was the right thing to do because it would somehow bring easy to Harry's dead body; the lad could finally rest in peace knowing that justice was served. 

Louis' heart felt heavy thinking about his friend; it always did. Nature seemed to portray these emotions as well.  The sky around him grew dark warning a coming storm.  Louis was not scared of the rain, nor was he afraid of the storm.  Every since the death of Harry, there had been a growing storm inside of his heart, and it raged on with every coming day.

The cemetery was a good place for Louis to think.  Louis was alone, and for some reason, he liked it this way.

He hated people now. He hated the cameras and the flashes, and despised the feeling of flesh touching skin.  It reminded him too much of Harry's caress.