vii.

seven

-----------------------

"Well, what better way is there to surprise my girlfriend?"

"Yeah," Ellie replied, trying to hide the non-enthusiastic tone in her voice, but failing in the end.

"Hey, you okay?" Liam questioned sweetly, grazing her chin with his massive hands.

Ellie flinched away at the boys', simple gesture. Ellie never liked being touched - by Liam that is. You could almost see the literal hatred and loathe in his eyes. Liam never liked the fact that he couldn't show affection to the girl - which usually resulted in him forcing it.

"God, Ellie, we've been dating for how long? It's been a year since what happened between us! It was a mistake, but seriously I still can't touch my own girlfriend?!" His voice ascended by every word.

Switching topics, Ellie stated timidly, "Come inside, I don't want you freezing out there," her tone was soft, like silk or the finest satin. She was abhorrent to confrontations and tried her absolute best, to stay away from it. She tried.

Liam's award-winning smile quickly returned and he stepped inside the front door with a suitcase.

"What's that suitcase for, you aren't planning on staying, are you?"

"Yeah, I figured that would be alright, seeing that your birthday is only days away. I thought this would've been a great surprise," The slowness of his deep voice and quick changes in his disposition made everything surprisingly eerie.

"Uh... yeah, sure that's perfectly fine. But, I need to talk to you," Ellie confidently remarked.

"Mmhm, what about?"

"Us."

+

After a rather awkward conversation with Niall, Zayn got back to work. He couldn't stop thinking about Ellie. It's almost as if the girl overtook his brain. He was, without a doubt, swooning at the mere thought of the girl, but Zayn wouldn't dare admit that to anyone, not even himself.

The previous day with Louis ran through his mind, along with the auburn-haired girl, like a runner at a track meet. They had something spectacular planned for the girls' birthday that was quite unnerving. But, needless to say, excitement was coursing through his veins at the thought of it.

He was going to sing to her.

+

"Why do you need to talk about our relationship, El?"

"Uh," Ellie fidgeted with the loose thread that hung from her cotton sweater, the briefly confident girl became anxious, "I think we should . . . break up," she whispered her last few words inaudibly, bracing herself for what was to come.

"What did you just say?" Liam's baritone voice made goose bumps arise on Ellie's forearm.

"I said, I think we should break up," Ellie faintly repeated.

"I heard you the first time, Ellie! We aren't breaking up; there is nothing wrong with our relationship!" Liam barked at the small girl, she now smelt the Jack Daniel's on his breath.

"Dammit Liam, we are!" Ellie Moore never was filled with so much animosity where it culminated to yelling. She didn't have anyone to scream at, and she never did - untill now.

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me!"

"Don't tell me what to do, I have enough to deal with it! This is such not going to work!"

That was it; that was all it took for Liam to lash out at the girl. His pupils dilated, his face was flushed a deep shade of coral, and his hands soared into the air. Meanwhile, Ellie didn't have time to think as it happened so soon, before she could move the throbbing of her right cheek set in.

The pain she felt was insufferable and she was set in an instinctive state of bewilderment, tears trundled down her face.

"You need to get out of here," she breathed.

"Baby, I'm sorry," he leaned in to kiss the reddened marks alongside her cheek.

"Get out!" Ellie pushed the first "love" she ever knew, away, and out of her life.

"You want to break up with me, after all the love I gave you!? After all the sacrifices I've made for this relationship to work, you want to end it! Can't you see how crazy in love I am with you?" With alacrity, Liam gripped the steel pistol that could be found in his back jean pocket, into his sweaty palms, directing it at her.

"Liam . . . what are you d-doing?" Ellie was in risk of dying and for the first time, it wouldn't be her idea, she oddly embraced it.

"I can't live without you Ellie, and if I can't have you, nobody can," he clenched the trigger, but to his avail nothing happened.

"Dammit!" he screeched.

"Thank God," Ellie exhaled in relief.

"Thank God? Do you believe in God Ellie?"

"Yeah, yeah sure," not waiting to fully hear her own response, he had already flipped the gun in his hands, and swung it across the side of Ellie's head, forcing her into a comatose. Leaving soon after.

+

As Niall scampered up to Ellie's door which was ajar, he stumbled on a suitcase that he instantly claimed to be Liam's. But the sight that was before him made Niall's heart squeeze, his best friend lying on the ground, paralyzed, immobilized, and out like a light.

"Liam, what did you do?" he whispered into the breeze from the open door as held the girl into his arms.

+++++

This slowly went downhill, idk it's 3 am and my head is hurting, sorry for the swearing. Thank you all for 2.5K+ and for keeping this ranked for so long, it means a lot. Tell me what you think in the comments, please vote and share this, let's try to get in the 100's in Fan Fiction and 300's in Teen Fan Fiction. I'm thinking of writing another fan fiction in the future. Who, do you want it to be about either Harry, or Louis. I can't decide. Please help me by leaving your opinion in the comments, it would mean the world. <3 xx

sotc: Such Great Heights // Iron & Wine

Dedicated to seasidestyles, her writing is beautiful, check out her stories if you haven't.