prologue.

prologue

-----------------------

"I don't find you in the slightest way possible, amusing," she said glancing up at the waiter, who tried to tell a horrid knock-knock joke.

"C'mon, I can't be that bad..." he stated taking a fleeting look outside the window where the rain was whimsically falling.

"You're so oblivious to the fact that you can't tell a joke if your life depended on it!" she scolded the boy with jet black hair, chuckling a bit.

He looked at her with his bronzed-colored eyes. His gaze was so penetrating, she couldn't help but look away. As she did so, Ellie sited a tuft of hair that fell limply in front of her face, behind her ear.

"Are those . . . What does it mean?" he pointed to her wrist, with his pen that he most likely took orders with.

"I have to go," Ellie became vertiginous and fatigue. She knew uneeringly what he was gesturing to and thought for once, today would be the day she could forget. 

"Today's not that day."

The voices inside her head were never ending, but if it was for even a slim likelihood she could escape into reality; Ellie would jump at the opportunity. The problem was -- in her case -- what if this wasn't truly reality?

++++

It's short, sorry xx

Deticated to cutesea because she's an amazing writer. <3