Chapter 3

I stood there in complete shock of what just happened, staring at him like an idiot then he said something.

"You like what you see?" He asked with a smirk.

I um no, I just am kind if confused I guess," I said sounding like an idiot.

"Well that idiot was about to punch you and I was not about to let that happen so I grabbed his arm when he was about to hit you and shoved him outside," he said proudly.

"Why would you do that for me?" I said, " you don't even know me."

Well you don't look like you deserve that so that's why," he whispered.

I stood there in complete silence staring at him. He was tall with a leather jacket on and black jeans. Then I notice something, he had the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. They were light blue with little specks of darker blue in them. I couldn't take my eyes away from his. That is until he spoke again.

"Why did he do that to you anyway?" He asked

"Nobody really cares about me besides my best friend so I am basically people's punching bag and people make fun of me whenever they please," I said with a slight frown on my face. "That also means that you shouldn't talk to me because everyone would ask questions."

"Do you honestly think I care about what all those airheads think about me?" He asked.

"You should care if your a nobody it gets kind of lonely," I said while he stared at me like I was talking in Japanese.

"Well I don't really care because I won't let him hurt you anymore princess," he said with his voice laced with an emotion that I am unsure of.

"Okay," I simply said back.

***
I have no car (as if that is any surprise) and I walk to and from school everyday and today I'm not so lucky and it's pouring rain outside. I slowly walk out of the school and brace myself for the rain. Once I am in the rain I start running till I can't run anymore. I am soaked and freezing cold and I'm still a few blocks from my house. Oh how I wish my mother actually cared. My mother always acts like she likes me in front of other people but when we are alone she acts like I'm not even there. On a rare occasion she will fake a smile and be "nice" to me. It's kind of hard when you are a junior in high school and you have to make all your own meals and all your own shopping. I know what your all thinking where is my dad right? Well he died and my mom blames me for it and I guess sometimes I do too. He was in a car accident when I was a freshman and the only reason he was driving was so he could pick me up from school. I go to my dads grave yard sometimes and sit and ask him questions and talk to him. Me and my dad were so close, we would do all kinds of stuff together like built my treehouse and go boating,and go for runs but that all ended when he died. Now I sit at home all the time and listen to sad music and binge watch tv shows. That is unless hope and I hang out.

A loud horn knocks me out of my thoughts and I realized that I was crying the whole time and didn't notice. I looked over and saw Cole in his expensive sports car looking at me with the concerned eyes again. Seriously what is up with his concerned eyes I mean it's not like he actually is concerned about me.

"What's wrong princess?" He asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing," I said wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Sophia I'm not stupid get in the car," he said pointing to the passengers seat

I gave in and walked over to the passengers side and sat down looking all around at how clean it was.

"So are you going to tell me why you were crying?" He asked.

"It's stupid, it's not like you really want to hear or care anyway," I said with a strait face even though on the inside I was screaming at myself to get out of the car and run.

"That's the thing princess I do care, I don't want to see you hurt. I don't want to see you cry" he said while staring in my eyes.

I started to blush which made him smirk knowing that he did that to me. "Can you just drive me home please?" I asked.

"Of course princess," he said quietly.

***

*Cole's pov*

I was sitting in my room on my bed thinking about her. Why was I thinking about her? This isn't supposed to happen! All I know is that right when I saw the fear in her eyes when she was in that room with that ass hole I was going to protect her from everything and everyone. She is so beautiful and helpless and all I want to do is tell her that everything was going to be okay and that nothing bad could happen to her but then she would know I care and we can't let that happen. Cole Fisher does not care! But what is so special about this girl that makes me care?

*Sophia's pov*

When Cole dropped me off at my house I ran upstairs to my room and plopped on my bed smacking my face on the pillow.

Why does he say things like that to me? He doesn't actually care does he? No he doesn't and he never will so just keep your cool Sophia! He is a bad boy and sleeps with new girls every night and you can't be one of them. Do not let him trick you into making you sleep with him because it won't be worth it.

Authors note

This is my third chapter tonight because I'm bored and this book kind of sucks but it's my first one so oh well. Vote and comment please and that you

Love you
Lili 😘😘