Chapter 4

Today will be a good day I thought to myself as I got out of bed. Even if Cole doesn't keep you safe today and everything he said was  a complete lie, nothing could be as bad as yesterday right?

I rushed into the bathroom so I could take a quick shower before school. I took off my pajamas and stepped into the nice steaming hot water and let it run down my body. I washed my hair and stood there for a few more minutes then jumped out and wrapped a towel around my body. I walked over to my dresser and picked up some dark wash jeans and slipped them on. Then I got out my baggy maroon sweater that covered up all the bruises.

I bushed my teeth and threw my hair in a messy bun and ran downstairs to find my mom sitting at the table.

"Hi mom," I said trying to sound as normal as possible.

"Just go to school!" My mom said shrugging me off.

I grabbed an apple and ran outside preparing myself for the walk to school. I shut the door and turned around to see a sports car sitting in my driveway.

It was Cole Fisher's car.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned.

"I'm here to pick you up smarty pants,"he said cockily.

"Well I don't need a ride I can walk like I do every day," I said

"You are so stubborn princess," he said, "just get in the car or I will dive by your side till we get to school so I can make sure no one goes near you."

Why is he being like this I asked myself. Why would he waste his time on me, the loner mute girl that everyone hates. He was probably dared to do all of this. If I just get in the car he will probably leave me alone I thought. So I walked to the passengers side and slid into the car.

"Good girl!" He exclaimed.

"Shut up and drive!" I yelled back at him.

***

When I got out of his car I could feel everyone's eyes on me and I looked at the ground ashamed. I think Cole saw me because he grabbed my chin and lifted my face so I was looking right at him.

"Ignore them," he said, "they aren't worth it."

I nodded my head as he put an arm around my shoulder and pushed through all of the people staring at us. Everyone was whispering and asking if we were together. As if!

We walked down the hall till we got to my locker and I saw hope waiting for me.

"Who is that?" Cole asked.

"She's my best and only friend," I told him.

He nodded and we kept walking till we met up with her.

"Who the hell are you?" Hope screamed at Cole.

"Wouldn't you like to know," Cole said with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Did he hurt you?" She asked me.

"No I'm fine, he gave me a ride to school," I said looking over at Cole who is now smiling.

I smile back at him and turn back to hope who now is looking  at me with questioning eyes.

"I should get to class," I said while grabbing my books and running down the hall to homeroom.

***

I made it through the first half of the day with no one hurting me but that was only the first half. It was now lunch!

I was sitting enjoying my turkey sandwich I bought when someone snatched it from my hand and took a bite.

"What the hell!" I yelled while turning around.

"Sorry princess it just looked so good," Cole said with a smug look on his face.

"Why would you do that you scared me!" I yelled at him.

"Sorry," he said with a blank expression.

Before I could say anything I could hear Chase's voice from behind Cole.

"Good job Cole try and get her to like you then destroy her!" He said smiling.

I didn't even wait to see what Cole said back I started running out of the cafeteria as fast as I could with tears running down my face. I always knew that was his plan but for some reason I still had hope that he actually cared about me. Any drop of that hope is now gone because they shattered it. I ran into the bathroom and sat in the corner waiting till I could bare to get up and leave.