Chapter 21

Sophia's POV

'I love you too,' I mumbled to the gorgeous human sitting by me.

I remember everything that happened. I could hear everything too. The thing that I remembered the most from when I was unconscious was hearing Cole tell me that he loved me. I do also remember hearing my dads voice but I knew that had to be a dream considering my dad is dead. He has been dead and their is no way that it was real. I looked up at Cole and saw that he had a confused look on his face. ''What?''

''You-you just said I love you,'' he fumbled.

''well I'm glad you can hear,'' I said sarcastically. He just sat there staring at me like I had just transformed into some purple unicorn that had a rainbow tail. ''I heard everything you said to me,'' I admitted.

''Wait you heard me the whole time?'' he asked and I nodded, ''Is that why you squeezed my hand?''

I nodded and said, ''I was trying to give you hope.'' I laughed at my thoughts and said, ''and Cole I am expecting a great prom proposal like I was promised,'' I grinned.

He started laughing and said, ''It will be the best one anyone has ever seen.'' We both started laughing before we were interrupted by someone walking through the door. Both of our heads shot up to see who came in. Standing in front of me was my mother who hasn't bothered to have a normal conversation with me in forever and she is...crying.

''Mom?''

''Oh my god you're awake!'' she yelled through the room running to my side opposite where Cole was sitting. "I was so worried that you wouldn't wake up.''

''Do you even care?'' I asked. ''I mean if I didn't wake up then you wouldn't have to be bothered by me anymore.''

''Of course I would care Sophia you are my daughter and I love you more than anything in my entire life.''

''You have a pretty funny way of showing it,'' I sighed.

''you haven't told her yet?'' she asked Cole.

''Told me what?'' I said sternly as Cole grabbed my hand.

''You're father is still alive...he never 'died', I wasn't aloud to tell you and it was so hard for me to lie to you and not tell you every time I saw you so I decided it would be easier to avoid you as much as possibl,'' she said, ''I'm really sorry Sophia,'' she looked down ashamed.

I look over at Cole then and my mother, then back at Cole and finally back at my mother. ''You're lying to me.''

''Sophia I'm so sorry sweet heart I should have told you,'' my mom said next to me.

''I thought it was a dream, I thought I was dreaming that he was here with me but it was all true,'' I mumbled to myself. Apparently I didn't say it that quiet because I could feel my mother sending confused glares over at Cole. ''Why would he leave me?'' I asked myself as I felt tears start to spill out of my eyes and onto my arms in front of me. I kept silently crying and no one was breaking the silence in the room but I noticed both of them looking at me concerned. Cole would occasionally run his thumb over the back of my hand that he was still firmly holding onto. ''Why?'' I asked out loud. ''Why would he leave me, why would he make me think he died and destroy me like he did, why didn't you tell me the truth?''

''I wanted to tell you Sophia I really did but he made me promise that I wouldn't tell you.''

''Why?...why wouldn't he want me to know?'' I sobbed.

"He was in some trouble with the cops so he skipped town and told me to tell you that he died so you wouldn't go looking for him."

"Wh-what did he do to get in trouble?" I asked.