Chapter 8

The bell to go to lunch finally went off and I was the first one out of the class room. I know nobody is going to actually remember or talk about me falling out of my chair but what really scared me was that Chase was the one that did it. I was sure that he was going to follow me out of class and drag me to a classroom so I had to find Cole or Hope as fast as possible.

I was running trying to get to the cafeteria and when I turned the corner I bumped into someone and I went crashing down onto my butt. I looked up at who I bumped into and I felt like I was just saved by angels because standing in front of me was Cole. I stood up and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Are you okay?" He asked concerned.

"I have been looking everywhere for you!"

"Why?" I could feel him stiffen.

I looked him in the eyes and saw concern fill his eyes when he looked back at me. "Chase did something to me in class and I wanted to be with you so he couldn't do anything else to me."

"What did he do!" He asked trying his hardest to keep calm.

"He just kicked my chair and made me fall out of it and everyone laughed it isn't that big of a deal I just wanted to get away from him."

He pulled me into him and tightly hugged me like he was trying to protect me from everything. It was really sweet.

We started walking to the cafeteria hand in hand while everyone stared at us. Honestly I don't even care anymore because I like being with Cole and I think I'm falling in love with him.

***

We sat in our seats eating our lunch when some girl came up to Cole. "Here is my number in case you want to have some fun with me tonight," she said giggling. I just rolled my eyes and turned to look at hope who had an amused look on her face as she stared at me.

"Sorry I'm busy tonight," Cole told the blonde girl. I wonder what he was doing today I thought to myself. It's not even like we are boyfriend and girlfriend because he never actually asked me or anything but it still hurt that he could be sleeping with some girl or going on a date with someone prettier who doesn't have problems he has to worry about.

"What are you hanging with little miss good girl who isn't half as pretty as I am?" The blonde bitch asked.

"Talk about her like that again I will make sure you never get laid for the rest of your high school days!" Cole yelled in her face.

She was so surprised by Coles reaction and honestly so was I but it was kind of funny to see her face when she realized that Cole could actually do that. She just walked away back to her own table and kept glaring at us from across the room.

"What are you doing tonight?" I asked very anxious to know who he was hanging out with.

"My grandma and grandpa are coming here from Florida today so I'm hanging at my place with them and my family," he said smirking at me probably because he knows I or jealous. "Do you want to come over and hang out with us?" He added.

"It's your family don't you want to be alone with them?" I asked.

"It would be a lot more fun if you were with me," he stated.

I nodded and continued to eat my lunch with Hope glaring at me all through the rest of lunch and I know without even looking at her that she was smirking at me.

***

The last bell finally went off so I finally was able to leave this hell hole and not have to come back for two days. I skipped through the halls all the way to my locker and I saw Cole already waiting for me. "Hello princess."

I smiled and opened my locker to grab my stuff then slammed it shut before turning to look at Cole."Hey Cole," I said trying not to smile at that beautiful face of his.

He grabbed my hand and we ran out to his car and got in. We drove in comfortable silence all the way to his house. When we pulled in he told me that his grandparents were already here and probably waiting for him.

We got out of the car and walked up to the house. "Wait what if none of your family likes me," I whined.

"They will love you don't worry, just be yourself."

I nodded and we walked into his house and I was greeted by the smell of vanilla and it smelt really nice. We walked down the hall to the living room where all of his family was and I felt like I was going to pass out. I think Cole noticed how I was feeling because he grabbed onto my waist steadying me and giving me a reassuring smile.

Everyone was staring at us in silence when Coles grandma finally said, "and who is this Cole?"

"This is my friend Sophia nana," Cole said. He called me his friend is that what he feels towards me just a friend. Nana fisher was smirking at Cole when she said, "just a friend Cole?"

Cole started to blush and I started to giggle next to him. He looked over at me staring at me expecting me to stop laughing. "You are blushing!" I told him trying to hold in my laughter. He just sighed and turned towards his family. They where all starting to laugh at us when Coles grandpa said, "well sweet heart any friend of Coles is a friend of ours because God knows he doesn't have many."

I started to laugh again and said, "I like you, you are another person to help me make Cole mad!" I said through my laughter. He just laughed at me and soon enough everyone was laughing even Cole.

I really like his family they are all really nice. I just wished I had a family like theirs.

I looked down trying to hold in my tears as I sat on Coles bed while he was trying to finish his homework. He turned around and saw me and asked me, "what's wrong princess?"

"Nothing," I said unsure of myself.

"Don't lie to me princess you are a terrible liar," he told me.

"I just wish that I could have a family like yours," I sighed.

He came over and pulled me onto his lap and hugged me so tight that it made me forget everything that I was thinking. All I was thinking about was how much I love this boy holding me right now.