Chapter 11

Chapter 11:

My dad had an incredibly angry expression on his face; he was looking straight at Blake trying to intimidate him. I couldn’t do anything, Blake was stood in front of me and I felt too dizzy to stand. What was going to happen? I couldn’t predict anything, I’d never seen my dad hit anyone other than me but I had never made him this angry previously.

Before another thought could pass through my mind I witnessed something I would never have the guts to do. Blake did the insane and punched my father square in the face knocking him straight out and making him fall onto the floor with a shocked moan. “How could you do that to your daughter?” Blake screamed out at him but not making any more aggressive movements. He then remembered I was still on the floor and turned to look if I was badly injured. I couldn’t look him straight in the eyes as I was too ashamed of my family. He bent down and started to coil his arms around my fragile body but i recoiled at his touch. He released me but said “I will never let him hurt you ever again and will do everything in my power to protect you Valerie,” he then put his arms under me and lifted me up bridal style and this time I didn’t pull back instead as he lifted me I put my arms around his neck and laid my head on his shoulder breathing in his masculine scent never wanting to let go.

He then started walking towards his car still holding me. I heard a door open and without looking I was put into the car. I didn’t want him to leave me but I knew he had to drive the car. And so he did, he got in and drove. When he didn’t say anything for a couple of minutes a few tears started to roll down my cheek and before I knew it I couldn’t stop crying. Instead of looking at my disgusted like I thought he would of done, he reached out and put his hand in mine. I gripped it like it was my life support and before I knew it we were outside his house and he was opening the passenger door. He lifted my bridle style again which I was grateful for and carried me up the stairs and into his room. He laid me softly on to the bed being carful of my cheek and then disappeared in silence. There he goes, I thought, he can’t even bare to look at me because of what my father is, an abusive drunk. But then I heard some running and I looked to see that Blake had re-entered the room with something in his hands.

“Valerie, can you look at me?” he asked in a kind voice, “I have something for your cheek.” I turned to look at him and he placed something really cold on my left cheek making me wince and him apologise. He continued to touch the icepack to my cheek until it felt numb but better than it did. I then looked into his eyes and saw not a pitiful look in them but a look of worry. Then I did something I had never done before.

I leant forward and kissed him on the cheek and said in a timid voice “Thank-you Blake.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry its short but it's something,

love CJ xxx