Chapter 6

------------------------------------------

Chapter 6

Valerie’s POV

I walked peacefully across the grass toward the school gates at my own pace as it was the end of the school day and to be honest I wasn't really looking forward to getting home. Then someone did something I thought no one would ever do at school, they yelled my name, “Valerie… wait up!” I heard a familiar voice say.

I slowly turned around to almost head butt the one person I thought would never even talk to me in my life time, Blake.

“Ummm… hey” I whispered quietly as I looked up at his face.

“Hey, I just saw you and wanted to say thanks for earlier, you’re really good at lying.”

“Thanks, I guess i'll become a spy, well if that’s all... I need to get home.” I lied and stared walking again. I managed to get through the car park where I watched other people get into there posh cars and drive of.

“Do you not have a car?” I heard someone shout at me.

I turned around to see Blake smirking “no!” I shouted back. I turned and cariied on walking down the road for less than a minute before the beep of a car scared me and I jumped around to see Blake again although he was in his car with the window down.

“Get in” he said. I looked at him to see if he was joking but there was no hint of amusement in his voice.

“I don’t think so.” I said bluntly.

“If you don’t get in I’ll just follow you.” I turned again to face him annoyed now.

i didn't beleive him and just kept walking but unfortunatly he was true to his word and followed me slowly in his car. I knew i wasn't going to win so i turned around.

“Fine” I scowled. I walked over to the expensive looking red car and opened the door to get in. I sat down in the cream leather seats and put my bag on the floor before putting on my seat belt. Blake was staring at me the whole time until he asked:

“So where do you live?”

“Over on Parkstone avenue near the pub.” I stated.

“You live there? ... oh i didn't mean it like that, i meant that it's along way to go if you don't have a car”

“Nice save but i know it's kind of got a reputation. No ones been killed recently apart from that kid who got run over.” This was true; there have been many murder cases around my house but none recently.

“Wow, the worst thing that’s happened in my neighbourhood was that someone accidently shot a real bird in stead of a clay one while clay pigeon shooting.” He laughed.

“What can I say, I’m tougher than I look” I also laughed.

“Yeah you are” he said under his breath. i wasn't sure if i was supposed to hear that so i just casually asked about this car and what model it was until we began to drive down my street.

“Actually can you park here it’s not that far now and it’s easier for you to turn around here.” That was actually a lie. The truth was, I was embarrassed of my house. Because my dad wasn’t round much and the lack of money, we hadn’t done up the house since we moved in when I was nine.

“No I want to see where you house is, and if you get out now I’ll keep following you, ok?”

“Fine but just keep in mind that this is the bad part of town.” I said quietly.

We carried on driving until I said stop and we both stared at my house. Most of the wood was rotting and all the white paint was flaking of. Two of the windows were bordered up because sometimes my dad would get mad and I would not be home, so he took it out on other things. I didn’t realise before but on the upstairs window was a hand print of blood on it, my blood. I had never realised what a dump I lived in.

“Just don’t say anything Blake, were not all rich.” As I said this a tear ran down my face and I got out and ran inside the house using the key inside my bag.

I then realised that I was now five minutes late for work, just great. I ran straight toward the kitchen but unfortunately also ran straight into my dad. I swore in my head as I looked up into my father’s angry face. He shouted my name as he looked at me. He had a beer bottle in his hand and he also had a black eye. He must have got into a bar fight and was now extremely pissed.

Steam was almost coming out of his ears as he looked at me and pushed me to the floor. I had thought he had forgotten me when he turned around but I winced as I tried to get up of the floor and grab my uniform for work. He heard me and pushed me to the ground again although he kicked me this time. I couldn’t lie here any longer, so I quickly grabbed my bag again and ran/limped outside and along the road. As I passed the familiar houses I began to breakdown in tears. I was having a nice time and then my dad came in to the picture.

-----------------------------------------------

By the way please don't get mad at me if i don't upload soon, GCSE's are a kick up the backside at the moment and i'm looking for insipration from my friends!

thanks

Coco-Jane x x