Chapter 5

Remember to VOTE!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5

Blake’s POV

I can’t get that Valerie girl out of my head.

I had never noticed her before today but now it’s like I see her everywhere. Toni, my best mate, had noticed my strange behaviour also and had asked me if i was alright and how we got off the hook this mourning. I answered by telling the truth, i told him what valerie did, why she said she did it and that i couldn't get her out of my mind. Just the way she carries herself shows she doesn’t belong here. I normally know all the gossip that goes on here but she apparently doesn’t have anything on her. All I got out of Abby, Toni’s girlfriend, who gossips non-stop, is that she lives near that pub; The Black Wagon, and that she has a mum left when she was young.

She entriges’ me. No one else ever has, that’s why I became this towns biggest player, to get away from all the girls that think other peoples opinion matters more than their own. I just don’t understand why I haven’t noticed her before, but then again I’m not that bothered with anyone else’s lives unless they find themselves crossing mine. and she had done exactly that.

The bell then went and I thanked god, I don’t think I could have taken much more of Mrs. Bradley talking about English media. Everyone got up out of their seats and were all walking towards the door when I heard:

“Mr Hill could I speak to you in a moment” I then turned around to start walking but instead walking into someone. It was Valerie. Before she could walk away I quickly grabbed her petite waist and stopped her from falling. She then looked at me right in the eyes and whispered one word “thanks” I had never realised how blue her eyes where and that indoors her hair looked browner than when she stood in the sun. But before I could apologise I heard Mrs Bradley cough loudly looking at me with her piercing eyes. When I looked down again Valerie was no longer in my arms; she was almost out the door.

“Unfortunately Mr. Hill you are failing this class which could mean you might not pass this A-Level…” she started.

“But…” I cut her off.

“Let me finish, unless you do extremely well on the next project which we will start on monday, you will fail, ok...?” I let her finish this time.

“Wait, what do we have to do in this project?” I questioned her.

“That is for only me to know until monday then I will tell you and the rest of the class, understood?”

“Yes Mrs Bradley, I do” I answered with patience.

“Go now, catch up with Ms Kingston and apologise for almost knocking her over!”

So that was Valerie’s name, Valerie Kingston, the girl who tried to stop me Blake Hill from beating up a nerd. I really didn’t mean to take it that far, the only reason I did it was because my mates where taking the piss and saying I was soft. Tyler was the first guy I’d ever beat up at school, sure I’d been in one or two fights out in the town but I just took my frustration out on this one kid. Sure I was a victim of peer pressure but who wasn’t.

As I walked out the classroom I was thinking about if I could have taken it too far if Valerie hadn’t come between us. I’ve only lost my anger once when my dad was bitching on my mum so I punched him and knocked him out. He went to hospital and has still not forgiven me. I was close to losing it back there; it’s just sometimes my life pisses’ me off so much I have to take it out. That was what I was going to do to Tyler.

As I walked out of the corridor my eyes landed on one person, Valerie.

-----------------------------------------------------