Chapter 2

Vote!!!

----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2

The Present

“Please dad, stop, I’m sorry I didn’t unload the dishwasher by the time you got home I had to be at work, please stop” I whispered.

I was too weak to even stand now, so I stayed sprawled out on the floor. My plead slowly stopped as I began to feel slightly dizzy and fall into unconsciousness. My eyes closed as one more fist collided with my stomach.

As I began to wake up I noticed I was on the cold kitchen floor. I then suddenly remembered why I was there and what had happened. This had become the daily routine and because yesterday I only slipped up once the unavoidable beating was one of his ones where I would only be left with some serious bruising. About two months ago I had forgotten to buy the weekly shop and he had broken my wrist quite easily. I was thankful for the light betting this time because if he got really angry he would go for my face and that would mean I would not go to school the next two days because my face needed to heel. The six years of my life in which I have been beaten I have learnt how long it takes your body to heel.

My brain started to work and I figured it was mourning so I began to get up of the floor where I had apparently slept. I looked on the calendar and found it was Monday which meant I had to bare school. I wasn’t particularly brainy but I also wasn’t dumb, I was average just like my appearance and clothing mostly because I had no money. My dad did not work which meant I had to. About 2 years ago I found a job at a local pub around the corner and that is where I would spend most of my time. I had to try and pay of all the bills, the mortgage and I had to pay for me and my dad’s food which I cooked for him every evening at seven on the dot. If it was late I would get a beating and the same went for if it was early.

I needed to change my cloths because I had not since yesterday although I did not have time for a shower so I just put my hair up and grabbed my bag whilst walking out the door. I had no money for make-up and no money to constantly have breakfast.

The winter air woke me up even more and made me walk a little faster so I did not have to stay out in the cold as long as I would normally. I sped up the road of the quiet neighbourhood and turned the one corner I needed to get to school. You could say my school was posh which would be wrong; it was just filled with rich people who ignored me. The richest person at my school and who basically owned it was the son of the most amazing businessman, David Hill, two of his sons went to my school. His oldest, Sam, had left and had gone to university a year ago but his youngest, Blake, was in my year and was the biggest player of all. David’s other son was still young around four years old but I didn’t know his name.

Blake was hot and rich. Who wouldn’t fall for that even if it only lasted a night. I was not attracted to him; all I felt towards him was envy. I wanted his life. I think I would trade it in a second although I would not wish anyone the pain and loneliness I have to get through every day.

The dull throbbing in my stomach from last night was the only thing I was thinking about as I entered my sanctuary which was my school. That and how many shifts I was going to have to cover at the pub, I only work on Monday and at the week-ends so today I will be working. Sometimes I wish my life would slow down and let me have a dreamless sleep.

---------------------------------------------

 vote!!!

thanx