Chapter 10

Oh my god, what do I do or say? Someone help me. He turned and looked down straight into my eyes. His eyes were a deep brown like Blakes and they had the same jaw line although this guys hair was a little longer than Blakes. And, being the idiot I was I did the most ridiculous thing I could have done in that situation. I bowed. my head literally touched my knee I bowed so forcefully.

"Hello?" he asked quizitavly. "Do I know you?".

"No you don't, my names Valerie and i'm guessing your not Blake" I said trying to regain my composure after i embarassed myself like that.

"Nope I'm Sam and if you want to find Blake turn around." so I did.

And there he was, a guy who could be so terrifying and brutal, rolling on the floor in laughter, presuminly at me. 

 "Valerie did you just bow?" he said still laughing but trying to get up off the floor.

"No, of course not I was tying my shoe"

"You dont have shoes on you idiot!" He said to me making me look down at my feet trying not to make eye contact. "Sam if you didn't realise, this is Valerie a friend from school, treat her nice and she'll do stuff like bowing to make you laugh," at that momment he looked at me grinning "I can't beleive you did that." After that Blake introduced Sam to me as his brother and told me that I  couldn't meet his younger brother Ben as he had gone with his dad to playgroup. But then I realised something...   

Oh no, "what time is it?"

"9 in the morning, why?"

"My dad oh no oh no oh no, i need to leave, can you drop me off please, where are my shoes, wheres my stuff, did i have any stuff?" I had just remembered I hadn't cooked my dad dinner last night of breakfast this mourning, he was going to kill me, literally.

"Sure, just let me go get some food" he said but he wasn't going fast enough.

"Blake I need to leave now" 

"Ok ok lets go, follow me."

"It was nice to meet you Sam" I said as I ran out the door not giving him time to answer, I grabbed Blakes arm and ran.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were in the car now, but it was a different car than yesterday. It was blue and large, looked like a Range Rover. He was trying to tune the radio in the silence that filled the car although it wasn’t awkward like you’d imagine, he asked me why i was in such as rush to get home and i had to say that i was thankful could for what he’d done but i was late for my shift at work, which was a lie but he couldn’t know that the real reason was that i had disobeyed my dad and was scared that the punishment might escalate to something my body couldn’t handle in the state it was in now.

He had now chosen a radio station that was playing a song i had never heard before but he obviously had, he was singing to it quietly and i could hear his soft voice over the music and it was beautiful.

“I didn’t know you could sing!” I said to him.

“What are you talking about I can’t sing!” he answered back sounding kind of offended,

“It’s not a bad thing, lots of girls love a guy that can sing”

“Do you?” he said in a quiet voice.

“I did have a crush on that dude in Mulan when I was little but I don’t know if that was due to his singing or his cartoon abs,” I answered. That made him laugh which made me laugh and I giggled all the way up until he parked outside my house. This time I wasn’t as ashamed of my house as he’d already seen it before and I knew he didn’t care where I lived as he’d already been selfless enough to let me stay at his expensive mansion even though I lived in this dump of a house.

“Thanks for everything you’ve done Blake, you didn’t have to and if there’s anything I can ever do for you or your family let me know and I’ll do it.” I said to him honestly looking at my feet as I put my hand up to the door handle and got ready to get out of the car.

“don’t thank me I couldn’t just leave an injured girl in the dark on the road, now were even for you getting me and my friends out of trouble at school, ok?”

“Sure, I’ll see you at school and thanks again.” I stepped out of the car with my bag and crossed my road to get to the house. I got my key out and started to unlock the door but then before I could get the key all the way in the door opened and the man I wanted least to see was standing there in front of me. My dad, the tall and muscular man he was stood his ground and lifted his hand. I knew what was coming but I never expected my father to commit this act in broad daylight. Oh no, Blake is going to see this, he was going to see my dad hurt me just like he almost witnessed last night. I begged my dad not to do it in my head but that was useless, before I knew it the left half of my face started to sting so badly I toppled backwards onto the pavement.

My dad still wasn’t satisfied though so I saw him lift his leg slowly but before I felt another burst of pain a man appeared in front of me, not just any man, it was Blake.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here you go

I havn't written in ages, it feels kind of good

Enjoy :)