Chapter 4

Chapter 4

“I didn’t expect you to be in here Valerie. You’re normally a good student, what has changed?” he questioned me. Quick Valerie think of an excuse.

“Sir I think you misunderstood what was going on. You see, in media studies sir, we are studying personal image which in some cases lead to bullying. We were asked to create a role play for this lesson.” I casually lied whilst Blake was looking at me like I’d just shot the teacher. In return I smiled.

“I see”

“It was all a misunderstanding sir, please could we get back to class now, I really don’t want to be late.” I was pleading with sir while Blake was still silent.

“Sure, just promise me that you will practise this role play in your spare time and not in school, it sounds like homework which is supposed to be done at home.” He suggested.

“Of course sir, thank-you.” I said this while standing up and leaving swiftly and holding the door for Blake. Before I could run of Blake shut the door and forcefully turned me around to face him.

“Hey what was that?” he questioned me.

“Look ok, I didn’t get you in trouble so please don’t tell anyone I was in the court yard ok?” I began. He stared at me as if I had just sworn at him.

“Yeah sure, but you have to answer me one question.” His voice was kinder then when I had spoken to him earlier.

“What?” I answered.

“Why did you jump up to Tyler’s rescue? Most girls, even some guys, would have run away.”

“I’m not sure, I just…don’t like seeing people get hurt” I lied. The truth was I knew how much pain Tyler must have been in and I did not wish that on anyone even if it was someone I didn’t really like.

“You’re nicer then most of my friends.” He said bluntly. I was incredibly shocked at why he was a player when he said things like that. I didn’t know what to say so I just went “see you around!” as I ran to my next class which was history. I still had my other books in my bag because I didn’t actually get to my locker.

            I kept running because I was late and I really didn’t want a detention on the first day of the week. I finally came to room 4 (aka my history room) then opened the door to find Mr. Fray lecturing the class like he did every day about the importance of the great wars.

“Miss Kingston, why are you late to my class” he said. Every pair of eyes turned to me; I guess my sneaking isn’t as awesome as I thought it was.

“I’m sorry I was with a friend” I stuttered out and he obviously believed me because he didn’t question me any more. I had a good poker face because my dad enjoyed to beat me more if I showed any glimpse of pain.

 ----------

 plz remember to vote, thanks!

Coco-Jane