From Beginning to End:Chapter 16

It happened the day after Thanksgiving. It was such a surprise I wondered if that's what the past few happy weeks have been leading up to.

Nathan and I had made up a week after the fight because Kalee and Tamara hated seeing me sulking around so they had a "talk"; with Nathan and after that, everything went back to normal. The school was curious as to why I didn't have a guy at my side but I told them he didn't go to the school and he hated publicity, which was partly true.

What made me really confused is why Calia never revealed I was dating her godbrother. Ugh. I hated thinking of them as that.

Two days before Thanksgiving I was hanging out with Clifford and his gang at the place. The gang and I were close since sometimes I would help them do graffiti because God know those guys do not know art.

"Why the fuck would he do that?" A guy named Bull asked. (Bull was his actual name.)

Another guy named Pres spoke. He was my favorite. "Because he's a dumdass. I mean who the hell in their right mind would rob a store with a survelliance camera?"

"You guys," I answered taking a drag of my cigarette. Masta had let me smoke a whole one today since he was in a good mood.

"Yeah but we always hijack them first," Pres answered.

"We're not a regular gang. People should know that," Michael spoke up. He hated to be called Michael since the name did not match his features at all. He was the biggest of all of them with the form of a professional wrestler. But he had a heart. They all do. But he allowed me to call hom Michael since I told him I hated his nickname, Ax. He got because the reason they allowed him in the gang was because they saw him kill this criminal with an axe. Apparently the guy was trying to break into his house.

Bull nodded. "Exactly. We do rebellious things for fun not because we're poor. Well that's the reason for most of us"

I knew he was reffering to the one or two guys that needed the money of drug dealing to help their financial problems. It was just us four up here. The rest of the guys, including Masta was downstairs fighting. I don't wven know why they try since they already know my stepbroher and Michael were the best fighters on the group.

Sudenly there was an earbreaking sound of motorcycles driving outside. We looked at each other and raised our eyebrows. Who could it be? It wasn't the police because we would've heard sirens long time ago. But who?

"Serena!" Clifford's voice boomed from downstairs.

I ran to him worriedly and found him standing at the bottom of the stairs, his shirt unattractively wrinkled. "Who is it?"

He ignored me and ordered, "Stay up here. Don't move unless I say so."

"Who is it?" I asked again.

"Serena..."

I ran down and tried to pass him but he was to fast and caught me by my waist. "Serena," he said now, his voice deathly.

"Masta!" Pres called. "Ron wants to chat!"

"Who's Ron?" I asked him.

He sighed and glared down at me. "Follow me and stay behind me. Don't move and don't talk. Don't even sneeze."

I rolled my eyes stubbornly and followed him to the back of the old building.

"Well if it isn't the master himself" a drunken voice said. I tilted my head from behond Clifford's back and looked at him. He was tall, only a couple inches down on Clifford. I would say he was cute but that waould be based only on his eyes. They were a nice shade of dark green. Like the jewel on the ring Precious gave me for my bithday. He had two other guys with him, one with dreads and one that had wither a huge scar over his collarbone or a hickey.