From Beginning to End:Chapter 12

I felt really bad for breaking up with Jason after our morning makeout. I had planned to do it after he came back but after my three way texts with Kalee and Tamara last night, I realized I didn't want to be tied down. Now I'm searching for my next target. But first...

"Hello?" I heard a deep voice say.

I was sitting on my bed in my bathing suit, waiting for my friends so we could go to the beach and suddenly my mind was Nathan. I had promised to call him so why not now?

"Um, yeah is this Nathan?"

"Serena?"

"Yeah," I answered.

He chuckled. "Where did you get Nathan from. I told you people call me Nate."

I rolled my eyes. "I told you I don't like that name. And I told you if we're going to be friends, I won't call you Nate or Nathaniel."

"Alriight. Thanks for calling by the way."

"I never break a promise," I informed him.

"Never? That's kind of hard to believe."

Honestly, I was offended. "No, I never break a promise. Why would you think I would?"

"So you've never tried ro dogw your way out of a situation and end up blaabbing something else?"

"Well no, not that I remember. And is this why yoiu wanted to call you?Really? So we can argue?"

"No. The arguing is just natural for us. I called you to fjnish our conversation."

"Which was?" I demanded although I eemember perfectly.

"Why you go out with guys you don't like."

"And why is that your concern?"

"Because I find it very wrong. And when I want something tk be changed it has to be changed."

I rolled my eyes. "Thanks but I don't think a spoiled brat could teach lessons on love." I was suddenly angry. Something I haven't felt with a guy since I was cheated on by own of my boyfriends. Why would he care what I do? We hardly know each other and he's already teaching me stuff about my life?

"I'm not teaching it to you. I'm giving you my opinion."

"Well I don't want to hear your opinion," I snapped.

"Ok Ok, my little diva. Why don't we meet up and do something else?" He said calmly.

I tried not to think about how he called me his little diva. "I have plans with my friends. We can't be bothered."

"So you don't love me enough to take one day off?" He teased.

I felt my heart skip and I forced it to stop as I played aong. "As much as I would love to my dear, my best friend is leaving in a few weeks to go upstate and we must spend every possible minute together."

"Why is your best friend going upstate?"

"His dad has got his job promoted there. But I have to optimistic. At least we'll be in the same state."

"Ok so how about this? I'll accompany you to the beach since I'm bored out of my mind."

Yes, yes, yes you can come, my head was screaming at me to voice to those words. But I wasn't a girl that gave in that easily.

You did when he asked you to dance last night, it protested.

I wasn't thinking, I argued back.

"Hello? Serena?" His deep voice echoed through my ears, bringing me back to reality.