From Beginning to End:Chapter 2

Alexander and I didn't get along from the start. Everything he liked, I hated. He liked rock music, pickles, our U.S. president, horsebackriding, and orange. In other words, he was a replica of my ex- boyfriend, Nathan. Not the personalities but the fact that whatever one of us liked, the other hated.  

But I found myself attractred to him from the beginning, even as he walked throught the cafe, towards us. 

"Hey man," he said to Cam, Derik, and John. His voice was deep, like Nathan's. He was also tall with dark black hair that almost touched his neck and his eyelashes. 

"Hey," Cam said, "you ready?" 

"Yeah, that's why I'm here." He said this in a tone that told everyone he was thinking Cam was stupid.  

"Do you mind if she plays, she's really good.?" 

It took me a while to realize he was talking about me. Alex was looking at me now with an eyebrow raised. 

"What? No thanks," I said quickly. 

"She's playing," Cam clarified. 

"You sure?" John asked me, "We're really tough. We don't play---or take pity on girls crying." 

That was like a punch in the gut to me. That was calling me weak. If there is one thing I'm not, its weak. "I'm playing," I said. 

"In that?" Alex said to me, his brow still raised. 

Hearing his voice gave me chills but I quickly shook it off. I looked up at him to see him staring down at my outfit. It was black leggins, a cream satin tank, and cloud gray ankle boots.It seemed perfectly fine to me. I stared back at him and forced out, "Yes in this." 

"No you can't," Jenna said, too quickly. " I mean, that outfit is too cute to play soccer in." 

"Exactly what I was thinking," Marci seconded, cocking her head at me.

"This is Serena we're talking about," Cam defended me. "She can play in anything. And plus Kirsten's playing and she's wearing that." 

I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I turned to see an average height boy smiling me. Actually everything about him was average. Average look, average hair lenght. "Hello beautiful," he said, trying to put on a a cute smile. "I was standing at the bar and saw my eyes drawn to you. It was like looking at stars."

  "Cheesy but Ok," I said flipping my hair. That was my signature move.

  "You want me to buy you a coffe?" He asked hope fully.

  "I don't drink coffee," Ilied. But what happened to the rule'never take a drink from a stranger.' Although...he doesn't have to be a stranger.  "But there is another way to ask me out."

  His eyes lit up. "Really?" I didn't answer but kinda pouted a little, remembering my friends said it made me look adorable. "Do you want to go to the movies tomorrow?"

 I knew he was not one to last. Guys who asks to go tom movies as a first date is never my type. But I found myself exchanging phone numbers with him even as I looked at Alex,  who was staring back with no expression on his face. 

"Ready to play?" John asked, impatient.

We walked across the street to the park where a beautiful where a beautiful sheet of grass lay on the ground. That was the difference between downstate and upstate. It's not as noisy.

 Everyone got in their positions and started playing as the girls lay on the grass totally emerged on the phone.

  As we played, I started to wonder if I should feel guilt about having fun when we came down here to get away from the co motion.

  My step brother was in a gang. He got in so much trouble : robbey, sexual assault, vandalizing, and so much more that we had to come down here for a break. This was his last warning from court or he would spend a double digit number in jail. He was also the cost of my break up with Nathan.

I as so emerged in my thoughts that I didn't see the Alex trying to get the ball that was coming at me. He ended up falling over me as the ball wacked me in the face.  We lay there for a second, knowing the other guys were gonna come in a second. But before that happened, he whispered something that I always remembered. Something no one has said before, not even Nathan. 

   "I'm gonna make your heart melt. Just watch."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I wrote so late. Its a hassle to get even one paragraph in my house. Vote and comment please. I hope you guys like the story. There's a lot more drama love, and jelousy to come.