Chapter 27 ~ Part Two

Xaya's POV
Today is Courtney's birthday! I haven't seen him yet because he wasn't in bed when I woke up, but I can't wait to.

"Xay Xay, hurry up and get downstairs." I looked up and screwed my face as Pharaoh stood in my doorway.

"There's this thing called knocking, Pharie." Seriously this guy knows no bounds.

"C'mon enough with the nicknames." He groaned.

"You can't be serious Pharaoh. You literally came into her room without knocking and then called her a nickname. Do onto others as you wish to be done onto you." I smiled widely and got up to hug Maya. She's so smart and the perfect balance for Pharaoh's dumbass.

"Hey Maya. There's no point in wasting your smarts on this guy. He doesn't like the nickname because he wants to be all manly for you." I stated rolling my eyes with a big grin.

"Xaya, shut up maaaaan. I'm not trying to do anything." I pinched his red cheeks and walked over to my wardrobe. I'm not really bothered about what to wear right now as Courtney's surprise party is later on in the day.

I ended up grabbing a grey ribbed tube top and denim ripped skinny jeans along with classic converse hi tops. I pushed Pharaoh out of the room so I could change and told him we'd be down in a few minutes.

"So tell me. How are things going with you and my little Pharie?" I asked in a teasing manner.

"Everything is great. Dare I say perfect. He treats me like a queen and he's so funny and intelligent, I really see a future with him." She looked as if she was in s daze for a couple of seconds then quickly snapped out of it.

"Y-you don't think I'm creepy do you? I know we haven't been dating for a long time and that maybe I seem weird and obsessive but-." I cut off Maya's rambling.

"Of course I don't think you're creepy. I can tell you two really care about each other so I don't see anything wrong with you thinking about a future together with him, honestly it's really cute." Maya let out a sigh of relief and smiled warmly at me.

"You weren't joking when you said a few minutes."

"Ugh, do I look bad?" I asked as I put my curly hair into a high ponytail.

"No you look amazing! I'm in love with your hair, next time someone tells me black girls don't have nice hair I will straight up be referencing you, with yo' fine chocolate ass." I burst out laughing as Maya attempted to do an American accent.

"Come on you idiot, let's go so I can wish my man a happy birthday." I said wiping away tears of laughter.

We linked arms and left my room, but not before I grabbed the little gift bag that had Courtney's present and card in it from me.

I was quite surprised at the number of people that filled the kitchen when Maya and I got downstairs. However, despite the people that filled the kitchen my eyes fell onto Aden, Tasha's friend, that is once again pressed up all over Courtney. I set the gift bag down and frowned a little. I quickly checked myself as I remembered what Courtney said to me last night, but honestly I really wanna just 'yaga' her thirsty arse right off of him.

The thought of ripping her off of him soon left my mind as Courtney squeezed over to me.

"What, you're not gonna say happy birthday to me?" I could see a faint smirk forming on his lips.

"Happy birthday Court." I felt shy all of a sudden and I really don't know why.

"Is that it?" He asked taking a seat at the kitchen island. "Gimme a kiss baby."