Chapter 24

Xaya's POV
"C'mon Xaya, stop acting grumpy!." K.C said to me, mucking around with my crutches.

"Fuck off. I'm not acting grumpy." She just raised an eyebrow at me and carried on as she was.

Fine!. I'll admit I am 'grumpy', but if I am it's only because of Courtney...as usual. It's been three weeks since he found out about Jordan then after that he only visited me once the week after that and hasn't been back since. It's just like what the fuck?, you ask someone to be your girlfriend then you don't visit them in hospital for 3 weeks.

"Awww cheer up Xay Xay, I can promise you C.C isn't cheating on you." I whipped my head to K.C's direction suddenly.

"Why would you say that unless he is cheating on me?."

"I'm sorry ignore me, I was just trying to make you feel better. We both know he's an idiot, but just know he'd never cheat on you. I promise, now let's get out of here and get you home." I sighed and just nodded in agreement with K.C.

"Yeah, let's go back to auntie J's house." I said slowly.

"Wait no I meant let's get you back to Courtney's house." I gently shook my head at her expression, smiling lightly.

"Nope. He doesn't want to see me then I don't want to see him. Simple as."

"You're playing with fire Xaya." She warned me, I just shrugged and gave a devious smile.

"That's okay because I like the heat." I replied with a wink.

Rolling her eyes she handed me my crutches and picked up my bag, that had my clothes in it leading me out of the hospital.

As we walked out of the building the doctors and nurses, even some patients waved and said their goodbyes to me, I politely waved and said goodbye back to them. I think I made quite an impact during my stay. I mean it's not as if I had anything better to do since I had no so called 'boyfriend' to keep me occupied.

I struggled to get into the cab that was waiting for K.C and I in the hospital car park, due to my leg. They really did a number on my leg, like it's so fucked up now I can't stand on it for too long and I have to depend on my stupid crutches. I think that's one of the things that I'm most upset about, knowing that I've become a liability and will struggle to take care of myself if push comes to shove in the future.

Sighing for what seemed like the thousandth time today I drifted off looking out the cab window as we drove by various streets and buildings.

*Later On*

"Wake up Xaya!, we're here!." I took my time waking up to the sound of K.C's voice.

She paid the cabbie then opened the door dropping my bag in the hallway then coming back to help me.

"I'm not helpless you know."

"I know but that doesn't mean that you don't need help." I just rolled my eyes in response and let her escort me towards the sound of voices.

"HEY EVERY-." I started to shoutout until I saw Courtney, my expression automatically turned sour.

"What are you doing here Xaya, I thought you would have gone back to Courtney's house." Auntie J stated, with a confused look.

"I'd rather not go back to an empty house and somewhere I'm not wanted." I said dryly, not forgetting to throw a dirty look Courtney's way.

He frowned at my actions and stood up in front of me. And that's when it hit me. I don't know how I didn't notice before. He cut all his fucking gorgeous hair off!. Now all that was left were these tight, short curls. Don't get me wrong it looked sexy on him, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm shocked out of my mind.