Chapter 26

Xaya's POV
"Seriously Xaya call me if anything happens." I internally rolled my eyes.

Courtney is fretting about me going out with Maya, Pharoah's girlfriend. He's afraid something might happen to me. He originally straight up said no to me going out with her, but after ignoring him like he didn't exist he gave in and agreed. I understand he doesn't want to let me out of his sight after what happened with Marcel and Yats but I want to have fun with a friend without Courtney breathing down my neck.

"Okay, bye she's here." I tried to slip out of the door before he could lecture me anymore but he dragged me back into the house and forced the door shut.

I raised a questioning eyebrow and he frowned at me in return.

"Court I've got to go now! The sooner you let me go the sooner I get back." He was about to retort but I gave him a quick kiss and flew out of the house.

"I almost thought you changed your mind." Maya said to me with a polite smile.

"It's Court, he doesn't want to let me go out."

"Ah that's sweet."

"How did you figure that out?." I asked as we walked to the bus stop.

"He clearly cares about you a lot. It's cute that he's worried especially after what you've been through."

"What do you mean, 'what I've been through?'" I bit out, probably with a lot more aggression than was needed.

"O-oh I'm sorry! I didn't mean to say that. Y-you know Pharaoh just-." As soon as I heard Pharaoh's name I cut her off and sighed. He never knows when to shut up.

"It's okay. I shouldn't have snapped at you. I apologise. I should have known Pharaoh would have told you. You are his girlfriend after all, no hard feelings?." She nodded and our bus finally turned up.

Aside from me snapping at Maya, we had a great day. Maya is actually so live. There wasn't a moment she didn't have me laughing my head off. I got to know a lot about her but there is something else she's holding back. I just know it. We have about fifteen bags each from all the shopping we've done and we're on our way back to Auntie J's house right now, as that's where Court and I are staying at the moment.

On the bus back home, there were a group of typical boys and one girl at the back doing the most and just being loud in general. Naturally Maya and I weren't interested but when they saw us they started to try and chirps us.

"Ayy peng tings, come chat to us." One of them hollered. I ignored them but Maya seemed to get extremely tense.

"Fuck off, maybe try again when you get your hairline fixed." Even if he sorted out his fucked up hairline I still wouldn't have taken interest because I'm with Courtney, but I needed to just par these boys.

"Do you think you're bad? I'll fuck you up you know. Don't try and chat bad like you know me from somewhere." His friends tried to calm him down but I could hear what he was saying and it didn't seem like it was going to end well for me.

"Maya get off next stop." I whispered lowly so they wouldn't hear.

"What no! I can't leave you!." She whispered back in shock.

"You have to. I'm gonna text Courtney. It's my fault they're pissed in the first place. You can walk home from the next stop innit?."

"Xaya no."

"Seriously I'm going to be fine. And trust me when I say you don't wanna be there when Courtney and Pharaoh tear me a new one for being stupid as per usual." I could see the hesitation but I pressed the bell for her.