A Glitch In The Matrix

Danielle's POV

As we pulled into the parking lot of the bar again, Sam and Shae appeared in the window of the bar, waving. I pushed open Meg's door and got out. As a drunk Liz staggered out of the car, Cas quickly reached out and grabbed her hand to prevent her from toppling onto the pavement.

"Are you flirting with me?", she asked slowly. Cas blushed violently.

"N-no, I was just helping.", he stuttered, clearly flustered. They were so cute together, even more so when Liz wasn't drunk.

I moved to stand next to Makaila, and whispered in her ear, "Did she find a liquor store?" Makaila giggled.

"Maybe she drank one."

      I shrugged in response, suppressing laughter. As everyone gathered in the parking lot, I realized that we were all together for once. Liz was leaning against the wall, talking with Cas, or at least trying to talk. Shae and Sam were sitting on the ground next to Baby, Makaila and Charlie were standing in the large space between the cars, saying something about Chewbacca, and Dean had joined me in leaning against Meg. As I surveyed the scene before me, Dean, with a beer in each hand, held one out to me. I took the bottle and opened the top with a quiet hiss. As I took a sip and let the liquid burn a trail down my throat, I felt Dean's arm creep around my shoulders. Suddenly, the loud clanging of a fallen trash can rang throughout the lot. I leaped to my feet, my hand instinctively reaching for the small pistol I had hidden under my jacket. Everyone froze as a shape formed in the shadows.

As we all stood, staring at the thing, it moved into the light. I swore loudly as I realized that it was none other than Raoul de Chagny, still dressed for the masquerade, the idiotic fop.

"Well, I guess you could say there's been a glitch in the Matrix.", I drawled sarcastically. "It looks like someone hitched a ride." Liz's eyes narrowed as she stumbled forwards.

"Hey, you're that guy who dumped his girlfriend to go to the bathroom! Jerk.", she mumbled as she took a step closer to him. Grabbing Liz's arm, Shae pulled her back and handed her to Cas, then mirrored me, her hand hovering over her back pocket for the knife that she always kept with her.

I quickly pulled the gun out of it's hiding place and steadily pointed it at Raoul. "Now why don't you tell us why you're here?", I said evenly. He wisely raised his hands above his head.

"I came back from under the Opera House to find that Christine and you," he said, glaring at me. "were missing, so I followed the man you said was your father outside to a strange blue box," He looked around, with his hands still above his head. "which isn't here. When he left, I went inside it and hid. When you were looking at this 'car', if that's what that is," He jerked his head in Meg's direction, causing a burst of anger to surge through my body. "I got out and hid in your car, instead. That is how I got here. As for why, I thought you were up to something, and clearly, I was correct."

I was getting very tired of hearing his rambling explanation. "Get on your knees and turn around, and make sure to keep your hands on your head, or I will be forced to shoot.", I ordered. Everyone's expression quickly turned to alarm. As Raoul did as I asked, I rolled my eyes at his idiocy behind his back. When he was safely on his knees, I quickly closed the gap between us and pistol-whipped him across the back of his head. As he convulsed and faceplanted on the pavement, I returned my gun to it's proper spot and sighed.

I looked up to see seven pairs of eyes staring at me. "What? Did you think I would really kill him? You guys know what the consequences would have been if I did."

Dean took a step closer to me. "Who the hell is that? And why is he dressed like Cinderella's boyfriend?"

I placed my hands on my hips, looking down upon the fop's prone body. "That is Raoul de Chagny, the fop who has made several bad decisions, hitch-hiking being one of them. He stole Christine Daae from her true love." I returned my gaze to Dean. "He's from a different dimension. Have you heard of The Phantom of the Opera?"

Sam raised his hand I said, "I have. Then that's Raoul, isn't it? But- how did he get here?"

I rubbed my eyes tiredly. "Shae, do you mind answering that?" As Shae nodded and pulled Sam away from the group, I studied Raoul. "And while they're at it, does someone want to help me move this?", I asked, prodding his arm with my shoe.

I grabbed him around his chest, and Makaila helped by picking up his feet, and together we shuffled forwards and dropped him in Meg's backseat. Brushing the fop germs off my hands, I slammed the door behind him. Now, we only had the problem of getting this jerk back to where he belonged.

"Does anyone want to come with me to drop him off at the Populaire?", I asked wearily.

"I will.", Dean's voice rang out. I blinked in confusion, but then shrugged it off.

"Alright. The rest of you stay here, we'll be right back.", I said, walking to the driver's seat and getting in, Dean surprisingly leaving Baby and joining me in the front seat. I got the car started, pushed several buttons, and drove off back to The Phantom of the Opera with a hunter at my side, and a fop in the back seat.