Counting down./ a danisnotonfire fanfic

Five,four,three,two,one..As i walked threw her hospital room doors, There she was. She looked so fragile and still and it scared me just seeing her like this..'She shouldn't be here' I thought to myself, I feel so guilty. I should be. She's lying here and I'm fine. It should be me that's in that hospital bed not her! It was never meant to be her. It should always be me...Always.

*1 year before*

it was a friday after noon in september, I was running for the bus, my hood kept falling down. annoying me LOADS! I was always late for job interviews! This would be my third in the past 2 weeks. Asda then costa and now newlook. It was also raining ALOT! The rain was bouning of the pavement and off car roofs. i was trying to dodge all the puddles but i wasnt happening. As I approached the bus shelter I saw the last remaining passages aboard the bus. trying to get out of the rain and light wind "Single to Piccadilly please"I said politely as I stepped on to the bus. I handed the bus driver my money then walked to the back of the bus to take a seat. The bus was filled with people, mainly old folks.

The bus ride was long and boring, I was thinking of all the possible things I could say to make my interview go better. 'Be polite, be talkative..' I thought to my self.. am I going crazy?truthful answer, probably... That's what I always tell my self.

The bus slowly came to a stop, I stood up to leave the bus and make my way to 'New Look'. (A/N- a British clothes shop) It was in the centre of the shopping mall so it wasn't difficult to find as It as it was surrounded by lots of other shops. I was happy to be inside instead of outside in the pouring rain. My red thin coat was soaked and my black skinnies were also drenched! As I walked in the casher looked like see was expecting me? "Hi! I'm Brooke lee, I'm here for the job interview!" I said as bubbly as I could. the young female with ginger hair that fell just on her shoulders looked me up and down, before snapping out of it and looking at me in the eyes. "I'm sorry, we don't employee late arrivals." and with that I turned and walked out not even to say bye or thank you...why should I?

After a really long and really boring bus ride later...

I walked along the damp paths. The sky was still gloomy and grey.. probably upset for me I thought! 'Joking' As I looked down at my white leather converse (bad idea considering the rain) I watched as i stepped in every small puddle making it splash a little until I got to my apartment which I had just moved in to, it was still really empty. I guess I will be as I left my home with my dad pretty fast. you see. my dad was a horrible, horrible person! he would be okay one minuet and the next the most violent an drunk man I have ever seen and it got so bad that I moved out. I couldn't handle it anymore! i was upset that he kept hurting me. I had been planning this for months, as soon as I get a job and some money, I promised myself I wouldn't allow my self to get Hurt anymore so I packed and one day and left. With out a note or anything. I bet he's worried sick!... don't count on it.