chapter 22- soilder home

last chapter I said 35 weeks left then I rmemeber that it doesn't go on for a year it goes on for a hundred weeks so I'm sorry and I have changed it to 70 weeks ok 70 weeks left ok Ik its gone quick but I don't wanna be stuck on this book for ,on the and months it needs to move along and get interesting sooner or later ok I love you byeee - KT

none of the new tributes were even bothering to fight. to be perfectly honest I was getting quite bored. as were the game makers and probably the best part of panem.

5 people died in a tracker jacker attack. luckily we were safe up on our tree. no one was fighting and that started to bug me. not that I wanted them to.

I climbed down from the tree and went to the next alliance of tributes and they pulled there weapons up to me. I told them I was not here to hurt them. I told them that together we could beat the gamemakers. they agreed . we spentr the message around the whole arena , eben the careers were convinced. days later we all went to the ,middle pof the areana and sat together in a circle and shared our food , the gamemakers were shocked I bet. finally I stood up.

"we don't want to die anymore. this is unfair. this is out of order. we didn't cause a rebellion. we haven't done anything wrong we shall not suffer anymore"

then I started to sing

" I have seen the rain

I have felt the pain

I don't know where I'll be tomorrow

I don't know where I'm going

I don't even know where I've been"

the other tributes joined in

"But I know

I'd like to see them again

Spend my days just searching

Spend my nights in dreams

Stop looking over my shoulder baby

I stopped wondering what it means

Drop out, burn out, soldier home

Oh, they said I should've been more

Probably so if I hadn't have been

In that crazy damn war"

then a hovercraft appeared above us.

the rush of panic woke me up as I nearly fell out the tree. it was a dream. I was still stuck here. I kicked the tree in frustration and decided to go for a walk.

the song ran through my head over and over. I grabbed a stick. I went out into the little grass clearing in the middle of the arena and began to chalk out the short phrase. i wanted to give everyone hope. I don't care if it got me hated. this was an awful thing to go through, being in this stupid game.

half an hour later I stepped back and observed the massive letters , I hoped this looked good on the cameras.

"soilder home"

I slid back to the tree and got back Into my sleeping bag. I could sleep better now.

wow my writing really reflects my mood doesn't it? yeah well ATM I'm in one of them why is the world so horrible but do you know what, it gets better ok?

the song is called I have seen the rain by p!nk. it was written by her dad who fought in the Vietnam war.