chapter 8 - training

heyy how u doin ?? omg 18 reads is like amazing !!!!:D pleaaseee comment what u think of my writig it would mean a lot! and also my instagram is @hiitsktXD so follow me!-kt

I woke up in my room. someone must have carried me in. there was a note on my dressing table.

'morning sweetheart. put that black tracksuit on and join us for breakfast- effie'

there was a black tracksuit already hung on the front of my wardrobe. must be for training. I slipped it on and went for breakfast.

we all had breakfast together with the other tributes but no one made an attempt to talk to eachother.

"you missed dinner last night" said peta.

"oh" I replied plainly.

suddenly Mabel walked in and sat next to me.

"trainig today work on your archery" she said

" work on your umm whatever u do T" I smiled

"if there's anyone you want to ally with do it today" said katniss

An hour later I was stood in a big room with loads of different training stations. Mabel by my side.

we decided to split up and work on our individual strengths. I saw T from 7 by the bow and arrows. she looked unsure. I walked to her.

"can you use them?" I asked

"no" she replied.

"i'll teach u if you ally with me"

"but what do u get out of that?"

I shrugged and handed her a bow that fitted her size. we each picked up an arrow.

"hook the arrow onto the string. pull it back to your shoulder. stand sideways. look just above your target and shoot" I said

T's arrow missed the dummy comletely.,my arrow lodged straight into the chest of it. the whole room was silent staring at me.

" I sware 12's are getting as good as the careers" said someone.

well it helps when u hunt for the food that keeps you alive I thought.

I wanted to get out of that room. all the eyes on me made me feel uncomfortable. I loaded another arrow and shot it into the dummies head.

"that will be your heads if you don't stop staring at me" I shouted.

all the tributes turned away in embaressment.

I went to find Mabel. she was over by the plant station.

"you heard that right?" I asked

"yeah" she replied.

"can we stay together now?"

"yeah" she replied.