H.O.H: Broken Fall: Book One:10:

Tuesday

Justin's Granparents House (Diane and Bruce)

7:43 PM

I was so nervous. I felt like I couldn't stop moving, everyone was looking at me, and most importantly I was scared his family wouldn't like me.

I still don't feel good enough for him, like I'm not worth his time, but he seemed to think so.

And I felt him looking at me now...

He probably knew I was nervous.

But then he looked at his mom and I looked up, the faint blush I hadn't noticed fading from my cheeks.

"Lauren has a movie to do in a few months. The tour has gone well, I think we sold out every concert." Mom said, and I felt my eyes widen.

I hadn't told him yet - I hadn't even really had the chance to bring it up with him.

"I didn't know you were doing the movie in a few months." Justin looked over at me, his eyebrows raised as he looked at me.

Oh no, I should have been the one to tell him that.

I didn't want him mad at me.

"Yeah, it isn't to far away." I looked up, his eyes hardening slightly.

Oh no, he was mad.

Thanks Mom.

"And your family is in Fresno?" Ms. Pattie asked me, pulling my attention away from Justin,

"Yeah, my grandparents on my dad's side and most of my mom's family." I told her, a small swallow as I took a sip of my drink.

Then Justin was looking at me, his eyes wide, a look I completely understood.

"It was a sweet thing you did, showing Jazmyn around yesterday." Ms. Pattie said changing the subject, scooping up the plates from the table. "She told me all about it."

"Yeah Justin, when are we gonna go again?" Jazzy walked over to him, and he grinned, picking her up and put her on his lap.

"I don't know, maybe next time you are with me." He told her.

"We better."

"I can help you Pattie." Mom said, getting help to help Justin's mom, then Jeremy got up after he winked at Justin, a blush creeping up my cheeks as I looked away and Jazzy kissed Justin's cheek.

I laughed as she hopped down, leaving him and I alone in the dinning room.

"See, nothing to worry about. My mom was the one who suggested where we are going Friday." He told me, a small smile along his lips.

Maybe he wasn't mad.

"I wish you would just tell me." I whined playfully, throwing my head back dramatically.

"Nope. Not a chance." He leaned a little closer, shaking his head as his smile widened, my heart speeding up a little.

No way would I give that up.

"Just thought I'd give it one last shot." I sighed, then I felt him take my hand, his fingers falling through in between mine, causing a new blush to cover my cheeks.

"You guys don't have to stay at the table, you can go downstairs if you want." Ms. Pattie told us, walking over to grab the rest of the plates.

"Kay." Justin nodded, but his eyes didn't leave the spot the held on me.

"What's in the basement?" I asked him.