Chapter 22- The End Is Devastation

AN: Yes this is the last chapter. No the ending is anything but happy but that's just my style. Hope you cry as much as I did writing this *evil laughs*
Also both characters feelings are extremely important in this chapter soo it's in authors POV to get all the feels enjoy 😉

20 Years Later...

Authors POV

Emma and Killian have been working at separate clinics for months. They couldn't even stand to work together anymore.

The only thing that kept them together was there joy Candice. They adopted her 2 years ago. She was by far the light of there miserable lives.

Candice was now 5 a daddy's girl at heart. And it worried Emma what if they spilt and Candice didn't want her mommy?

The thought scared Emma to much to consider so she didn't and neither did Killian the thought was utterly terrifying.

How could a love so strong die? How could the lovers who had been through so much give up?

That night Emma picked Candice up from daycare because Killian most likely got drunk after work again.

Finally getting home Emma sent Candice upstairs to get ready for bed.

"I love you sweetie go to bed I'll see you in the morning"

Candice looked at Emma dazed and confused as every night.

"Will daddy come up and say goodnight?"

Emma sighed and pursed her lips into what she tried to make a smile.

"Not tonight sweets maybe tomorrow."

Candice frowned "okay mama I love you."

"Love you too." Emma said kissing her daughters for head one more time.

After Candice had trotted upstairs Emma went to look for Killian.

For the 5th time this week he was passed out on the couch.

She went to the kitchen made her self a grilled cheese and came and sat on the couch across from Killian.

When Killian finally awoke he saw Emma eating wordless the walked over to her trying to rub her arms.

She was always at work and always pulling away he couldn't deal with the loneliness.

When she pulled away he wasn't a surprised.

"Emma.."

"What.." She snapped back harshly.

"We need to talk about this were is Candice?"

"I don't want you near her or me Killian."

She said getting up moving to were she was sleeping downstairs.

"Em please think about it we've been married for 20 years how could you give up now?!"

Emma's voice rose initiating but another fight.

"Killian this relationship is fucking toxic! I am absolutely miserable you're always drunk and lost your job what else can I do?!"

"Emma I wouldn't have been so fucking depressed if you hadn't started pulling away you wouldn't even talk to me!!!"

"Killian I can't do this anymore I don't even know if I can say I love you!"