Chapter 12- Something To Celebrate

Killian's POV

I wake entangled in my Swan. Her eyes open and she looks rather nerved.

"Something wrong love?"

"Uh yeah I'm fine sorry." She pushes me off and scurries into the bathroom.

I decide to leave it but I intend to find out what's wrong.

The rest of the morning we stay snuggled up on the couch. I can tell Emma is upset because she's been distant all morning. I don't know why until I hear my phone ringing.

"I'll be right back Swan." I gently move her off of me and answer my phone.

"Hey Killian it's Mary Margaret."

"Hey what's up?"

"How has Emma been today?"

"Not good do you know what's wrong with her?"

"It's her birthday Killian!"

"Oh bloody hell I got to go and can you do me a big favor?"

"Of course Killian what do you need?"

"Can you decorate your apartment and tell everyone to meet there at 6 for Emma?"

"Yep! I'll see you later."

"Bye Mary."

"Bye Killian I'll see you at 6."

With that I hang up the phone and walk over to Emma. I sit down and pause the tv she looks up at me in confusion.

"Swan why didn't you tell me it was your birthday."

"Damn it Mary" she curses under her breath.

"Killian it's not a big deal not something to celebrate." she grumbles.

"Emma Marie Swan this is your birthday and it's going to be the best one yet I know other years I'm sure have been tough but I'm going to change that."

I practically swing Emma into her wheelchair. Once we get into the car I see she's crying.

"Oh love don't cry."

"Thank you." she sniffles out.

"For?"

"Caring!" she wraps her small arms around me and me and I gladly return the embrace.

I wipe her tears and give her a toothy smile. "Now come on Swan no more crying this is gonna be your best birthday yet!"

Emma's POV

"Will you please tell me where we're going?!" I plead with Killian.

"Sorry love that would ruin the surprise."

I roll my eyes playfully "Fine."

After driving a bit more we arrive to the pier. I look closer and see a bug Ferris wheel and many colorful rides.

"A carnival!" I say excitedly

"Yep" Killian laughs giving me a smile.

"We'll come on then get me into that bloody chair!" I exclaim being more excited then I ever was on my birthday.

"You really are a 5 year old" he mumbles.

"Hey I heard that!" I giggle while he helps me out of the car.

As soon as I'm out I speed off to the ticket booth Killian following close behind.

"20 tickets please" Killian asks panting slightly.