Chapter 14- Love Habits

Emma's POV
I wake up early in my cold room. I go to snuggle into Killian for comfort realizing he's not there. I give a heavy sigh and swing out of bed.

I make the bed slowly and hop in the shower. All I can think about is Killian.

'Damn it'

After showering I change into my tight leggings a big sweatshirt and pull my hair into a messy bun.

I sit on the bed trying to contemplate the best time to go get Captain.

I eventually decide to just go know and get it over with.

I hop in my slow car and drive through the rainy streets.

I turn on the radio to distract me from my thoughts and the song Killian sang to me comes on.

I immediately turn off the radio feeling tears threaten to spill.

Finally pulling up to our apartment building I take a deep breath.

"Here goes nothing" I grumble.

I slowly walk to our apartment and unlock the door dreading what I'll see in side.

I walk in quietly trying not to make a sound but to no surprise I accidentally shut the door to loud with me shaky hands.

Killian's head whips around and he runs over to me. "Emma I-"

I squirm out of his embrace. "I'm just here for Captain." I squeak out.

He looks at me solemnly. "Oh okay.."

We walk through the house that was once filled with such joy but now his and my misery.

We reach our room and see Captain snuggled up on the bed.

I silently pick him up and walk to the door as fast as possible not being able to bear everything.

Just as I turn the knob Killian closes the cracked open door.

"Emma we really need to talk about this." He pleads. I look at him and see the guilt and pain in his now dull blue eyes.

When I take a closer look I see his shaking hands and unfocused eyes.

"Killian you didn't..."

He shakes his head in shame "I need your help Emma."

I nod vigorously guilt washing over me I put him in this place.

I run my hand through his greasy hair. "Who gave them to you and where are they now Killian?" I ask in a calm tone.

"I don-don't re-me-member" he stutters out.

He explains that he went to a bar last night and must have bought the drugs at the bar.

I pull him in and he does the same for me. We sit like that for a while until I break the silence.

"I'm sorry" I say softly "That was a stupid fight and I really shouldn't have pushed you away."