Chapter 4 - I feel tension

"Yeah." I say.

This is so awkward, I can feel tension between Liam and Harry.

"Since I bumped into you here would you like to come hang out with me and some of my friends on the football team?" He gestures over to two built boys sitting on a couch near the entrance.

I barley know Liam why is he inviting me to hang out with him?

With out thinking I look over at Harry who is looking at the ground, and answer.

"That sounds fun but I actually have plans with Harry."

Harry looks up and smiles at me.

"Oh, that's to bad. Another time

then?"

"Yeah, sure." I answer and smile.

"Well see you around." He says before looking back at Harry and walking away.

I look at Harry and he's still smiling.

"So tell me Mia, what are our plans?"

.............

"Are you sure were allowed to be in here?" I whisper.

"Of course we are my mum owns the place. Close your eyes."

"But then I won't be able to see."

"That's kind of the point." He says laughing at me.

I stumble over a few things and try to keep my balance as Harry leads me into a dark room.

"Can I open them now?"

"Okay, open."

I open my eyes and see a big glass window over looking the small town, which looks quite big from up here. The sun is setting and the sky is a pinkish purple color.

"This view is amazing I didn't realize how big the town is. " I say continuing to look out the window.

"Pretty neat isn't it, I love it up here."

Around the rest of the room are paintings and blank canvases. There are walls full of book shelves and books everywhere. Harry sits down on the one small couch in the room and pats the empty seat next to him with his hand gesturing me to sit.

I sit next to him and he smiles at me and looks back out the window.

"It's a good place to come and think." He says after a while breaking the silence.

"You paint?" I say looking over at the paintings on the floor in the corner of the room.

"A little. Just don't tell anyone, I've got a bad boy reputation to maintain you know." he says and smiles.

The sun fully sets it is now darker in the room. The town lights are clear. It reminds me of the city.

"What's your biggest fear?" I ask again.

"I knew you wouldn't forget." He smirks.

"How could I." I smile

"Does this mean you were thinking about me?"

I feel my self blushing. Before I could answer my phone rings. I look at Harry.

"Aren't you going to answer that?" He says.

I don't answer him I just take out my phone. It's my brother what does he want.

"Hello?" I say into my phone.

"Where are you it's almost dinner time."

"I'm out. I'll be home soon."

"Do you need me to come pick you up?"

"No I'm fine. Bye."

I hang up the phone and stand up from the couch.

"I'm sorry I have to go." I say as Harry stands up.

"It's okay, how are you getting home?"

I'm just going to walk."

"Do you want me to walk you I don't have my car today or id offer you a ride. "

"No it's okay I'll go alone but thank you." I smile at him.

He smiles back and pulls me into his arms hugging me.

............

Harry walks me out of the book store and I begin to walk down the street. I can't help the smile on my face when it begins to rain. My smile quickly fades as I try walking faster. The rain begins coming down heavier, when a car stops next to me.

"Want a ride? Or maybe a sweater?"

I turn around and see Liam in his car. I expect him to be with his friends he was with before but he's alone.

I thought he had plans tonight?

"Yea if it's okay?" I answer.

"Of course it is, hop in." He smiles and I get into his black mustang. It seems to sparkle even in the rain. I can smell the new leather as I put my seat belt on.

"Thank you." I say.

"Don't mention it. Where to?"

"Home just around the corner. Make the next left. "

We stop at a red light and Liam looks at me.

"Why are you going home so early?" He says.

"I um have some stuff to do."

"Oh, well what about Harry?"

"What about Harry?"

"I don't know. If you don't mind me asking, how do you feel about him?"

"Harry and I are just friends I barley know him."

I know him more than I know Liam.

"So there's nothing going on between you two?"

"Not at the moment, no." I say as we pull onto my street. "It's the white one."

The car stops and I unbuckle my seat belt.

"Do you have any plans for tomorrow?" Liam says.

"I'm not sure. "

"Here take my number and let me know."

He puts his hand out. I place my phone in his hand. He types his number in before handing it back to me.

"Thanks again." I say with a smile as I shut the car door.