11. Double Date

Rin stirred in her sleep, rolling over only to slam against a hard chest. Her eyes slowly peeled open, staring up at two dark brown beautiful orbs. Ruki was staring at her, his arm lazily resting on her waist, a faint smile tugged at his lips. Their legs were tangled as their bodies were flush against each other, making the girl want to scramble away self consciously. The man slowly traced his finger up her back, hesitantly pushing his fingers in her hair. He started playing with it gently, so as not to hurt her and kept his gaze on her eyes.

"G'morning." Rin mumbled, wanting to pull away but her body refused to obey her brain. She was extremely comfortable and felt at ease being in his arms. Who would have known? She thought. The day that I would fall asleep and wake up with the man I am in love with, embracing me.

"Good morning beautiful." His voice was slightly hoarse from sleep, but it still gave the chills to her. It was so sensual and addicting; she could easily get used to this. When the words finally seeped in her head, Rin blushed to the tips of her ears and looked away. But then fireworks exploded in her stomach. Because once her eyes left his, Ruki dipped his head and pressed his lips against hers. It was a soft tender kiss, that made Rin's heart swell in delight; she didn't want to pull away, so simply she responded, moving her own lips agains his. Thankfully Ruki didn't make any move to take things further than that; he simply held the back of her head, initiating the soft kiss that made his own heart hammer in his chest.

"Come on, let's make some breakfast." Ruki mumbled as he pulled away. The girl nodded and stood up, cracking her back and fingers an awful habit she couldn't stop. The young man led the way towards the kitchen when a happy Koron greeted them with a bark and a wagging tail. "Morning buddy!" Ruki smiled and picked up the dog, carrying him towards the kitchen, as Rin awkwardly trailed behind him. Giving a tender kiss to Koron's forehead he set him down and open the cupboards. "How about we have some pancakes?" He suggested, taking out the ingredients.

"Sounds nice." Rin nodded and started helping Ruki with the breakfast. They were both so at ease. Even though it was Rin's first time in his kitchen, they both cooked together, without any awkward bumps or weird silence that would suffocate them both. It was relaxing and even they didn't voice or show it, they both felt like they were acting as a married couple. After the breakfast was ready, Ruki placed a few panckaces on two plates along with two mugs filled with warm coffee and placed them on the coffee table in the living room.

"What do you want to put on your pancakes?"

"Um do you have honey?" Rin rolled her shoulders awkwardly, as she plopped on the couch, staring up at Ruki through the open wall above the television and fireplace while he shuffled around.

"Yeah, I have some. Wait a second." The man grabbed a jar of honey and a spoon, the proceeded to plop down beside her on the couch. They turned the television on, and as the girl sipped some of her coffee, a game caught on her eye. She stood up and approached the shelf with the games, picking out the one she saw. Beaming at it, the girl twirled towards Ruki's direction, who was eating a piece of pancake and pointed at the second game of Spyro The Dragon.

"Can we pretty pretty pretty pretty please play it? Pretty pleaseeee?" Rin couldn't help but hop up and down in excitement, since she hadn't played that games in years. Ruki chuckled and nodded, making the girl squeal and pop the cd inside the console, grab the controller and plop back on the couch pecking his cheek. Heat creeped up his cheeks at the sudden affection Rin showed and smiled, leaning back on the back of the couch, pulling her flush against his side. He sipped at his coffee quietly as Rin started playing, occasionally taking bites of her pancakes. "These are really good Ruki-san." She smiled and looked back at Ruki who smiled and shrugged as a confirmation of hearing her. As quick as lightning Rin leaned in and kissed his lips gently, but before she could pull back, Ruki had tangled his fingers through her hair, keeping her in place. He kissed her back, showing off a hint of eagerness and appreciation, the girl mewling in his arms.