7. The Secret Is Revealed

"What the hell is going on here?" Rin's brother Ryouta called, making the two of them break apart. But what terrified Rin wasn't the fact that her brother had entered her apartment, probably with her mother's keys. What scared her shitless was the person beside him. He was taller, about five eighty three [A/N: 1.78 m] with raven black straight hair, that reached the nape of his neck, some bangs across his forehead. A pair of shocked dark brown eyes completed his figure. He was also wearing a dark blue long sleeved V-neck shirt and black skinny jeans with a pair of black converse shoes.

"H-Haruto-san?" Rin stuttered, stepping away from Ruki who looked between the two men baffled. 

"Rin-san who is that man?" Haruto asked eyeing Ruki with a slightly confused face. There was this electric field all around them. Haruto and Ruki were sizing each other up, probably catching that something weird was going on. Ryouta was glaring at Rin for her sillyness and Rin was trying to comprehend the situation. 

"L-Let me explain. I.. Um.. R-Ruki-san is, ah, you see.." The girl couldn't find a way out of this. Karma slapped her in the face in the worst way possible. She couldn't escape the situation and suddenly she felt, she should have kept Ruki away from her. "R-Ruki-senpai, this is my fiance, Haruto-san." Rin said in defeat. She raked her brain almost too violently, trying to find an excuse, but there was none. She knew that Ruki deserved to know the truth, so she said it and she knew that definitely she lost both men. Even though Haruto wasn't someone she had an intimate relationship with, he was kind of opposed to having an engangement to a woman he barely knew, but he was willing to try and that would still probably hurt his ego.

"Fiance?" Ruki echoed, staring at Haruto for a split second before his eyes pinned Rin. The look of hurt and confusion he gave her, made Rin want to jump under her bed and never see the world again. He had done so much for her. He gave her a job, took her on a date and she simply didn't tell him she was with another man. Enganged at that.

"I-it was an arranged engangement, I barely know Haruto-san!" The girl was quick to explain, or rather ease the guilt that pooled in the bottom of her gut. She didn't want Ruki to think badly of her which he probably already did, by the look he was giving her. Haruto was quiet; he was still waiting for a reason as to why this man was sucking his fiancee's face off, but he wasn't about to make a scene. At least not while this man was around her apartment. "Can you leave us alone for a while?" Rin gave a pleading look towards her brother, who was partly at fault as well, since he gave her the concert's ticket and backstage on purpose. Ryouta, frowned but pulled Haruto towards the kitchen, mumbling something about drinking a beer and let the two talk it out.

"So enganged huh? Why didn't you tell me anything Rin? Why?" Ruki's words were getting out angrier after each second he spoke. He didn't know how to feel. He was hurt, he felt oddly jealous after thinking that the only thing he had to do was be everything Rin wanted him to be, but now it was different; he had to let her go. She was enganged. He couldn't fight for her just because this Haruto guy was her boyfriend. It wasn't that simple anymore; they were enganged. It was arranged but it still happened and the situation hurt Ruki more than any girl has ever hurt him before. Rin's eyes had welled up with unshed tears as she stared at the man's balled fists and pained expression. 

I should have told him. She thought, I should have told him days ago.

"I couldn't do anything to stop it." Rin started, thinking it was better to just spew everything she knew. "When my parents adopted me, they had made this decision without my consent of course. My brother Ryouta would take after the business my grandfather built and to combine two companies together, I had to marry the other owner's son. I can't stop it Ruki-san. I don't want this. I tried to tell you, but I chickened out. I-I like you, b-but I--"