10. Baby Steps

Upon hearing those words, Rin jerked her hand back, cradling it to her chest and stared at Ruki's eyes with her terrified ones. Ruki gave her a sly smile and leaned back on the bench, staring at the distance. The girl's eyes though were still glued towards the man's face. 

"Are you toying with me?" She suddenly asked, feeling hurt and annoyance fill her heart. A week ago, this man wanted nothing to do with her, completely shutting her off his life, and now he said he would fight for her and try to win her back. How contradictory was that?

"No I am not. Kai-kun told me about your encounter at the bar." He said, sparing a glance at the now horrified expression on her face. "I am sorry, you probably wouldn't want me to know, but I do. And I realized that I am in love with you. And as I said seconds ago, I will fight for you god damn it. I will make you choose me instead of him and if you do, then I'll find a way to make your companies combine without you marrying someone you barely know."

"And I know you far more than Haruto-san right?" Rin sarcastically replied, crossing her arms over her chest. Ruki stared at her from the corner of his eye and in a swift moment, the cups were spilled on the floor while he advanced on her. The girl was now laid down on the bench, staring up at the man she was madly in love with, but denying to admit out loud while Ruki was kneeling on top of her, holding the top of the bench for support. The look of jealousy he showed her, made the girl shiver in delight.

"You will get to know me, soon. Real soon. Spend a month with me." 

"What?" Rin couldn't help it. She started giggling uncontrollably, then laughted out loud, clutching her stomach tightly. It was such a sudden suggestion and the girl probably thought that Ruki wouldn't handle it. And how would she actually go and spend a month with someone who was constantly working, going on tours and having millions of fangirls on his tail? "Are you listening to yourself? How will this work out? You work all the time, I barely know you and I don't think either of us is capable of living with someone else for the moment." Ruki's eyes flared as he stared at her, his knuckles turning white as he squeezed the bench tightly. Finally he pulled back, sitting back on the bench and cleared his throat.

"Alright, let's take baby steps then. How about you we spend time with each other?"

"Sounds good."

"How about you come over today? We can get to know each other." Ruki suggested but his face was so stoic and void of all emotion that she momentarily thought he spoke to his dog or something. Rin sighed and shifted in her seat. The girl looked down at her lap, her mind replaying the previous conversation. Why was she agreeing in the first place?

Oh yeah. Because she was madly in love with the man beside her. And her all too quiet self begged for something new, something exciting. And Ruki had figured this out in a short span of time and used it against her. She wanted him to fight for her and he knew it. So he was playing her in the palm of his hand as if she was a toy. And she loved it; begged for it. She craved his attention on her years now and when the chance finally came, she wasn't letting it go.

"Okay. I'll come over." Ruki shoot the woman a smile and stood up, offering his hand to her. Rin hesitantly took it, but the grin he gave her made her smile back. As they walked through the park a bit, walking hand in hand the entire time, they discussed about Rin's meeting with Mrs. Sai and Ruki's work which consisted of a new single named Leech.

"Do you want to come see us at the video clip setting?" Ruki asked once they reached the subway. Rin was waiting for her train to come, while Ruki would go back to the building to finish his work about the single and probably upcoming album that would come out a year later. 

"U-um, wouldn't I be a bother?" The girl asked, slipping her hands inside the pockets of her coat and buried her face behind the standing collar of it. Ruki smiled and grabbed her by the collar, bringing her flush against him. Their noses were touching, his minty breath fanning her own mouth as his eyes searched hers. A slow smile appeared on the man's face when he realized the girl had her hackles raised at the close proximity and pressed his lips against her, making her eyes widen. But before she could respond, either with pushing him away or moving her lips, Ruki had pulled back and pointed at the train that had arrived. A playful grin formed at Rin's pouty face and the man waved as Rin entered the train quickly, before the doors closed.