Aftermath

After the party, me and the girls parted ways, Oliver's hand on the small of my back, making suggestions to go somewhere in the final few hours. I did the math. I was destined to die at 5PM. It was now 2PM. What on earth do I do for three hours? I promised myself I wouldn't bawl my eyes out the whole time, and then regret it at the end. That's what a lot of people do, they cry and then at the end they live with regrets. That's why it's always good to live in the present.

But how do you live in the present? (As an author and human being behind this book, I constantly live in the future, which makes me depressed and anxious :( )
Before I could think anymore, Oliver's sweet voice entered my ears. 'Hey, let's go do something, shall we not? I have a surprise for you.'

I smiled and raised my eyebrows. 'What kind of surprise?' Oliver smiled back, his brown eyes almost grinning at me.

'It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you.' He held out his hand which I took, and then we made out way up to the car park, where I said goodbye to everyone. Kendall took home most of the leftovers with Anabel, saying that they needed some comfort food. Tania needed to go home and study for a future test, and Maury simply said she wanted to go hang out with my parents. Calm them down.

Maury was like my sister. She loved me, my parents and would strive to do anything.

Oliver took me to a part of the car park, where all I could see were a bunch of cars. 'Huh?' I let out. Oliver looked at me funnily and pulled me to a certain car. It was a retro car.

'This is for you.'

It was an old Mazda, between a lime green and a light blue. I felt grateful, but I didn't say thanks. Instead I said, 'Oliver I'm going to die in a few hours. There's not much use right now.'

He let out a laugh and pulled me closer, looking down at my face. I felt butterflies. 'I know that, silly. This is for you...for now. I'm going to take it after you....'

I cut him off. No waterworks, remember? 'Oliver, it's fine. Thank you. This is one of the best presents.'

I hugged him, burying my head into his chest. 'Best? Wow. Better than your hippie van?'

'Not even close.' I smiled from ear to ear, and Oliver placed his head on top of mine. We stood there for a while, just enjoying each other's presence. There was nothing to describe it.

I pulled away from the hug after a few minutes passed by. 'Oli, what are we going to do?'

He looked at me for a few seconds before replying. 'Lets go for a road trip. Just a short one. I want to get to know you better.' I nodded and hopped into the car, enjoying it.

'Wow Oli, this is grand. Must've cost you a fortune.' Did he really like me that much? I wouldn't spend that much on me.

'Relax, it was a small portion don't worry about it.' He tucked a loose strand hair from my face, causing me to blush. He smiled and then placed in the keys. I didn't feel like driving. Maybe in the way back.

~10 minutes later~

The girls had all texted me wonky smiley faces when I texted them about me and Oliver's road trip, causing me to turn my phone to my lap and smile out the window, rolling my eyes.

Oliver suddenly spoke up as we passed a small flower shop. 'You know what I find grand about you, Emily Babbini Tribbiani?'

'How do you know my middle name? And grand? Nice vocab.'

'Not the point.'

'Sorry...what do you find grand about me, Oliver Thomas Harold?' I said, holding back a laugh.