Parks and Parties

Writing my last word, I placed the letters in small envelopes, placing them on my desk in front of me. The names were printed carefully on each envelope, I didn't want to mess anything up.

Waving off my worries, I stood up and stretched. Weird noises escaped my mouth as I reached up to the ceiling, making my dad walk backwards into my room with a confused glare. He was stirring something in a bowl, flour covering his shirt. I laughed at him, and he laughed back, making me never want to let go of this life I live in today.

I quickly waved my father out of the room, realising how much I wanted to change out of my pants. Too tight, too much. I started changing into my trackies when the I had the sudden desire to change my shirt too. As I did again, I was changing into my baggy shirt, when my door opened suddenly. I let out a shriek, my shirt still halfway over my head.

'Who's there?' I asked, flailing my arms around, trying to get a grip on the shirt to cover my pink bra. Honestly, I should've put a sign over my door.

'Me silly!' I calmed down when I realised it was my mum's voice.

I pulled down my shirt, my arms covering my now covered chest. 'Mum! Please knock!'

She came over to me and put her hands on my shoulders. 'Honey, I'm your mother. I've seen my little Em before.'

My face crinkled up in disgust. 'Mom ew!'

She shrugged it off and continued talking. 'Em, Kendall is coming soon, so get ready!'

I nodded and spritzed perfume on, then proceeded to the front door. 'See ya, strangers!'

My parents pooped their heads around the wall. 'Goodbye, child we do not know.' Dad was still stirring, my mum with a finger in her mouth tasting the mixture. I love them.

Kendall was surprised when she saw me at her house, saying she was about to leave. Yeah, right. Kendall always is wrong on time.

We started walking to the park, hiding in bushes and throwing marshmallows at people who passed by. A middle aged man cursed, looked up and ran with his arms jerking all over the place. We laughed so hard we thought he was going to hear.

I was walking with Kendall down the rocky trial, twirling a flower in my hand, when I noticed a balloon stuck I in a bush. I walked over to it after shrugging at Kendall, then picked it up. We continued to walk, twirling the flower and the balloon, when I saw a wooden table full of food next to bushes.

I looked at Kendall cautiously, who shrugged, and went over to it. Brugers, chips, chocolate and drinks were spread out. There was even a large playground and tree next to it. Like a party.

I looked back at Kendall and started walking around the table. Before I even go to the other side, all these people jumped out behind the playground and tree, screaming, 'Surprise!'

I was startled. I nearly fell on the table. I noticed the people were my friends and hit Kendall playfully on the shoulder when she was next to me. 'You knew!' I screamed.

'It's a surprise party for you, dum dum. We love you.' She smiled sweetly at me, holding a yellow flower in her hand. I smiled and rolled my eyes and turned.

Oliver was coming over to me, holding a rose and making his hair neat. I smiled, embarrassed.

'Hey, I got this for you.' He gave me the rose, me already holding another flower and a balloon. How did I not let go of the balloon at the surprise?

'Thanks, Oli.' He came over to me and kissed me.

On the lips.

Right in front of Kendall.

A/N: Sorry so short, trying to get something out there!

Inspiring message for today:

Better things will come. Tough times are there for a reason, why do you think our heartbeat has lines that curve up and down? Everyone goes through tough times too, all different. You might be feeling like a test is too hard, your crush hasn't developed feelings for you (yet) or that you feel like you don't belong. But it will get better. You will learn from that hard test. It'll make you stronger. The guy or girl you like has some feelings for you, they might not be love feelings, but they certainly have feelings for you. Just be yourself, you never know how you might attract them. Feeling like you don't belong can is one of the worst feelings, been there, done that, but you need to realise, you have potential! Being unique and pure is great! Your 'not fitting in' characteristics, are awesome! The main message is, don't give up on hope. 'Hang in there, baby!'

Love you lovelies. Xoxoxo